Annie Penn, APH-ER OPT PBX SERVICESCITY:
Reidsville, NCJOB DETAILS:
Exempt: No | FTE: 0.200000 (8 hours/week) | Schedule: Every other weekend, Saturday & Sunday, 1st shift | On Call: NOJOB SUMMARY:
The purpose of this position is to register all patients needing services. The role is responsible for obtaining accurate and complete demographic, financial, and medical information. The person performing this role anticipates and acts on the needs of our customers to enhance the patient experience.
• Engages patients throughout the registration process to create a welcoming and positive patient experience
• Appropriate patient identification
• Collecting accurate and thorough patient demographic data
• Obtaining insurance information and verifying eligibility and benefits
• Determining and collecting patient financial liability
• Referring patients to a Patient Financial Resource Specialist as needed for assistance with financial counseling
• Patient Registration and Financial Clearance completed at the bedside within an emergency care settingEDUCATION:
Required: High School diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Associate Degree or Certification in Health Care AdministrationEXPERIENCE:
Required: 1 year customer service experience in a healthcare or related setting; 6 months healthcare office experience.
Preferred: Medical Terminology; 1 year patient registration and/or revenue cycle experience.