Vascular and Vein Specialists, VVS-VascularCITY:
Greensboro, NCJOB DETAILS:
Exempt: Yes | FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week) | Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm | On Call: NoJOB SUMMARY:
Effectively and efficiently manage all areas of Patient Care Services: patient care policies and procedures, patient care safety and quality, patient care workflows, patient service recovery and patient satisfaction. Provide proactive leadership for patient care issues and administratively contributes to the overall excellence of patient care for the practice. This position provides direct supervision and serves as a resource in the supervision, training and proficiency of clinical and patient-facing front office staff including RNs, LPNs, CMAs, and Clinic Front Office Representatives.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
1. Coordinate staff with physician schedules to ensure appropriate coverage & maintain patient flow through office. Ensures and provides/arranges coverage for breaks, lunches, vacations, and absences. Based on scheduling makes initial approvals or disapprovals of PAL requests and follows up with Practice Administrator.
2. Identifies, recommends, develops, obtains physicians approval and implements patient care protocol / policies and procedures for office personnel to use. Provides clinical expertise, guidance and direction to licensed and non-licensed medical office staff. Keeps Practice Administrator informed of employee issues affecting progress and productivity.
3. Assists in the selection of new patient care staff. Provides orientation and training for new staff. Collaborates with Practice Administrator on employee engagement and retention.
4. Serve as a CHL Superuser.
5. Back-up clinical staff MWA's, including the following:
a. Triage patient phone calls and walk-in patients: Prioritize the urgency in responding to patient calls. Provide privacy to discuss complaints or symptoms. Provide appropriate recommendation based on physician direction and/or nursing judgment according to standards and practices. Order Prescription refill per protocol and place vascular lab and radiology orders in EPIC, as needed. Coordinate same day or future office appointment as appropriate. Monitor In-basket messages in Triage/Clinical Pool/My Chart and respond in order of priority of situation. Document in EPIC.
b. Perform OR/PV lab scheduling of cases and places appropriate orders in EPIC.
c. Assist with attaining precertification for procedures.
d. Assist with patient flow through the office and clinic Procedures.
e. Assist the physicians.
f. Perform minor clinic procedures and maintain/sterilize instruments
g. Coordinates hospital/office consults from referring physicians. Maintain/publish daily rounds/surgery list.EDUCATION:
2 years, Required
2 years clinical experience in a medium to large medical practice (i.e. 6 - 10 providers).
2 years of supervisory experience required.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY/LISTING:
RN | Registered Nurse licensed in North Carolina or a Compact state.
BLS (CPR) | AHA Health Care Provider BLS
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.