Medical Arts and Cancer Center, ARMC-PASTORAL CARE-EDUCTCITY:
Burlington, North CarolinaJOB DETAILS:
Exempt: No | FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week) | Schedule: Monday - Friday; on-call weeknights and weekends | On Call: YESJOB SUMMARY:
Under the supervision of the Director and the Coordinator, Clinical Pastoral Education, of the Pastoral Care and Counseling Department, the CPE Resident is able to function as a Chaplain, providing direct ministry to patients, their families and caregivers via spiritual assessment and support, pastoral and sacramental care. S/he visits each area of assigned clinical responsibility each scheduled day and responds to on-call requests following the schedule and procedure of the department. Has the demonstrated ability to actively and collegially function in relationships with peers and supervisor in the Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Resident Program. Approximately 75% of the student's time is spent in direct contact with patients, their families, and staff. The remaining 25% is dedicated to CPE educational and program curriculum and administrative business. The Chaplain Residency Position is a one-year termed position.EDUCATION:
Bachelor Degree from an Accredited University or Theological School.
M.Div. preferred. Major focus in theology or related fields preferred.EXPERIENCE:
One successfully completed unit of CPE.
Two or more successfully completed units of CPE.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY/LISTING:
Affiliation with recognized religious or spiritual group.
Verification of a successfully completed unit of CPE.
Valid Driver's License
Endorsement as a chaplain by one's faith group and/or the ability to obtain such endorsement.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.