Annie Penn, APH-NURSING ADMINISTRATION CITY:
Reidsville JOB DETAILS:
Exempt: No | FTE: 0.9 (36 hours/week) | Schedule: 11am-11pm; E/O Weekend | On Call: NO |Eligible for $8,000 Sign on BonusSWOT RNService Without Territory--Critical Care/ICU OR Med/Surg/PCU Float Pool
Alleviate the stressful nature of the work environment on inpatient nursing departments. Under limited supervision, perform transient assignments to serve as a resource for other members of the health care team.JOB DUTIES:
• Assist with admission, discharges, and transfers
• Discharge teaching
• Transport critically ill patients (Critical Care Nurses Only)
• Accompany and monitor patients to tests, procedures.
• During emergencies or code blue, may help care for other patients on the unit
• Assist with IV insertion or medication administration
• Assist with patient transport from the ED
• Assist with heavy tasks requiring additional for short periods of time
• Assist with bedside procedures
• During downtime, round on patients and staff
• Other duties as assignedPROCESS:
- These nurses will be directed by the Administrative Coordinator to assist in areas where the intensity of workload exceeds what can be appropriately managed by existing staff
- These nurses will not be in a patient assignment which will allow them to quickly move to areas where they are needed
- After each assignment, SWOT RNs and Receiving departments, will complete evaluations of the overall experience
- At the end of shift, SWOT RN will document tasks accomplished and where time was spent during the shift
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- SWOT RNs will be identified with an ID badge attachment unique to the role.
• Leadership skills including communication, decision making, problem solving, negotiation
• Advanced critical thinking skills
• Non-threatening communication skills in stressed situations
• Be sufficiently mobile to push stretchers, wheelchairs, carts and equipment
• Stand and or walk majority of shift
• Ability to frequently transport patients
Required: Graduation from a BSN, ADN or Nursing Diploma program, consideration may be given to RN's holding a certificate from approved foreign nursing programs.
All registered nurses without a BSN or higher will be required to enroll in a BSN program within one year of their hire date with completion of the program occurring within four years of hire.
Required: New RN Graduates: Acceptance into Cone Health New Graduate program or completion of an acute care new graduate program.
Preferred: Experienced RN : One year of Acute Care RN experience is preferred. Hiring leader may consider other RN experience at their discretion.
RN | Registered Nurse licensed in North Carolina or a Compact state.
BLS (CPR) | AHA Health Care Provider BLS
The following certifications are preferred and may be required within a certain time frame of hire as defined by the specific nursing unit.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN)
Safe Training and Responsible Restraints (STARR)CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
* Annual flu shot
* Annual TB test (if applicable to your job location)
* Annual CBLs (Safety at Work and Corporate Compliance)
* Maintain licensure/certification/registry/listing (if applicable to your job)
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.