Wesley Long -Emergency Room, WLCH-Emergency Rm RegistrationCITY:
Exempt: No | FTE: 0.40 (16 hours/week) | Schedule: Every Saturday and Sunday12pm-8:30pm | On Call: NOJOB SUMMARY:
The purpose of this position isto register all patients needing services. The role is responsible forobtaining accurate and complete demographic, financial, and medicalinformation. The person performing this role anticipates and acts on the needsof our customers to enhance the patient experience.
• Engages patients throughoutthe registration process to create a welcoming and positive patient experience
• Appropriate patientidentification
• Collecting accurate andthorough patient demographic data
• Obtaining insuranceinformation and verifying eligibility and benefits
• Determining and collectingpatient financial liability
• Referring patients to aPatient Financial Resource Specialist as needed for assistance with financialcounseling
• Patient Registration and FinancialClearance completed at the bedside within an emergency care settingEDUCATION:
Required: High School diploma orequivalent.
Preferred: Associate Degree orCertification in Health Care AdministrationEXPERIENCE:
Required: 1 year customer serviceexperience in a healthcare or related setting; 6 months healthcare officeexperience.
Preferred: Medical Terminology;1 year patient registration and/or revenue cycle experience.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY/LISTING:
Certification in Health CareAccess (CHAA, CAA)
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.