White Box, SW-Lean DevelopmentCITY:
Exempt: Yes | FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week) | Schedule: 8 am to 5 pm Mon-Fri | On Call: NOJOB SUMMARY:
The Director of Lean Management System (LMS) Architect will play a critical role in shaping Cone Health's system-wide Lean Transformation. In this high profile position, reporting to the Executive Director of Lean Transformation will be part of a select team of highly skilled and motivated individuals that owns the LMS approach, and is responsible for ensuring the transformations success.
The Director of LMS Architect will help transform Cone Health's clinical and operational departments into model areas that use a management system based on the deployment the four lean behaviors and practices (standard work, leadership standard work, visual management, and A3 Thinking). His/Her contribution will shape the overall Lean Transformation as they help to:
- Serve as a change agent by stimulating, educating, communicating, and implementing a Lean Culture at Cone Health.
- Responsible for training and monitoring Cone Health team members in the use of Lean methodology, and will have measurable impact on service, productivity, quality, and financial metrics.
- Be an expert in the lean transformation approach and provide thought leadership of LMS model teams. He/She will develop the diagnostics of LMS waves to help identify the areas of opportunity, and then develop the customized design based on the diagnostic to implement a sustainable lean management system
- Be a thought partner to lean transformation coaches aligned to businesses in an ongoing manner
- Manage change teams, provide support, and ensure delivery and capability building.
- Coach senior leaders for Cone Health and business partners to apply lean management system principles, and deploy the system in their respective functional or model areas.EDUCATION:
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Process Improvement, Business, Organizational Development, Project Management, or related field AND completion of Six Sigma Black belt training and Lean Facilitator Training.
Preferred: Master's degree in Engineering, Process Improvement, Business, Organizational Development, Project Management, or related field. EXPERIENCE:
5-7 years of progressive project management experience in a corporate setting.
3-5 years of supervisory/management experience.
5 or more years of continuous improvement expertise required.
Value Stream Analysis and adult learning experience required.
3-5 years experience leading a continuous improvement department preferred.
At least two years experience applying Lean principles within a healthcare system.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY/LISTING:
Required: Lean or Toyota Production System Certified and Black Belt Certification
Valid Drivers License - If driving Cone Health vehicle, must have 5 years of driving experience and MVR must be approved by Risk Management.
Preferred: Master Black Belt Certification
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.