Exempt: No | FTE: 0.9 (36 hours/week) | Schedule: TBD | On Call: NOJOB SUMMARY:
To provide overall job description and duties for the program aimed at increasing job opportunity awareness and exposure to Registered Nurse positions at Cone Health System for Nursing Programs.
The LPN-Extern program provides the following:
1. Patient care under the supervision and direction of a Registered Nurse (RN)
2. Observational opportunities working directly with the RN
3. Opportunities for acclimation and socialization to assigned nursing departments
4. Didactical opportunities during the LPN-Extern program as defined by the Department Director
5. Prepare the LPN-Extern for a smooth transition to the role of the RN within the assigned nursing department with successful completion of the LPN-Extern program.
The LPN-Extern is assigned to an RN Preceptor, rather than to patients. Provides patient care according to the skills and competency guidelines set by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.EDUCATION:
Required: Rising senior actively enrolled and in an approved school of Nursing. Completion of an accredited LPN training program. Enrolled in a LPN to RN program and last semester of the senior year EXPERIENCE:
Required: The LPN-Extern program will be a competitive entry program. Selection guidelines developed with input from Talent Acquisition, Educational Leaders and Departmental and Executive Nursing leadershipLICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY/LISTING:
Valid Driver's License | Valid Driver's License
BLS (CPR) | AHA Health Care Provider BLS
Currently listed and in good standing, as a LPN I with the Division of Health Service Regulation. Currently listed and in good standing, as a LPN with the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
*If driving Cone Health vehicle, must have 5 years of driving experience and MVR must be approved by Risk Management.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.