Cone Health Cancer Center - WLCH-CHCC-Executive OfficeCITY:
Exempt: Yes | FTE: 1.000000 (40 hours/week) | Schedule: M - F | On Call: NOJOB SUMMARY: This position directs pharmacy services for the six Cone Health Cancer Centers. These responsibilities include management of inventory, implementation/maintenance of computerized order entry system, protocol audits, communicating with drug representatives, development of clinical pharmacy services, supervising pharmacists and technicians in the cancer centers, and developing a schedule to meet the staffing needs. This position is also accountable for the management of all aspects of medication administration inclusive of the following processes:
• Evaluated efficiency and effectiveness of medication dispensing to ensure safe, quality patient care.
• Accuracy of charge capture and credit.
• Responsibility for maintenance and updates of Cancer Center Charge Master.
• Evaluation of appropriateness of drug utilization - both charges and coding.
• Evaluation of protocols
• Nursing department support for patient and staff education.
• Coordinates with satellite cancer centers to address medication and dispensing needs.
• Coordinates with inpatient radiation oncology.
EDUCATION: Bachelors, Pharmacy, BS in Pharmacy Required, or
Doctorate, Pharmacy, PharmD Required
BS Pharmacy or PharmD degree. ASHP-Accredited PGY1 Pharmacy Clinical Residency required.PGY2 ASHP-Accredited Oncology Pharmacy Residency; Master's degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: At least 3 years of oncology pharmacy experience and progressive oncology pharmacy management experience required.
BLS (CPR) | AHA Health Care Provider BLS
Current active license to practice pharmacy in North Carolina, or eligible to obtain North Carolina pharmacy license within four (4) months of hire.PREFERRED
Board certification in oncology pharmacy (BCOP); certificate program completion in key service areas.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.