Alamance Regional Medical Center, SW-Care ManagementCITY:
Exempt: Yes | FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week) | Schedule: Mon -Fri Occ WE | On Call: NOJOB SUMMARY: Monitors patient care progress toward goals, makes recommendations and/or utilizes appropriate resources to optimize effective, efficient care progression and care plan goal achievement. Coordinates care transition from inpatient to next level of care. Performs admission and continued stay utilization reviews and discharge screening to assure the necessity of hospital admission, appropriate level of care, continued stay and supportive services, appropriate safe discharge/transition plan, and to examine delays in the provision of services. Collaborates with attending Physicians, Mid-level Providers or Department Medical Directors concerning status and/or medical necessity issues. When criteria is in question, escalates care for second level Physician review when Department Director is unavailable.
EDUCATION: Bachelors, Nursing, required
Masters, Healthcare Related Field, preferred
EXPERIENCE: - 3-5 years of recent related acute care experience required.
- 1-2 years of Case Management and/or Utilization Review experience preferred.
RN | Registered Nurse licensed in North Carolina or a Compact state.
- Current North Carolina Registered Nurse license required.
- CPR is required for Case Managers at Behavioral Health locations and is preferred at all other locations.PREFERRED
- Current Case Management certification of CCM or ACM preferred.
- CPR is required for Case Managers at Behavioral Health locations and is preferred at all other locations.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.