Cone Health, SW-Enter Analytics - Consulting SvcsCITY:
Exempt: Yes | FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week) | Schedule: M - F, 8am - 5pm | On Call: NOJOB SUMMARY:
The Data Scientist -Senior is an experienced data science resource on the Insight Discovery & Computational
Modeling team within the Cone Health Enterprise Analyticsdepartment. The Data Scientist - Senior leverages
advanced knowledge of the tools and methods of applied datascience to generate business and clinical value
for Cone Health through discovery of new insights/knowledge. Therole of the Data Scientist - Senior at Cone
Health is to independently:
• Apply machine learning-based data mining methods to discovernew patterns in claims and care delivery
data for the purpose of understanding performance of the ConeHealth enterprise and/or the populations that
• Create predictive models for clinical and financial outcomesand/or population behaviors, and/or
• Build simulation models to assess the range of possibleoutcomes for strategic and tactical proposals, and to
gain an understanding of the sensitivity to associated businesslevers, prior to implementation.
• Provide data science tools and methods mentorship and projectleadership to staff at the Data Scientist and
Data Scientist - Intermediate levels.
The result of the data scientist's work is a body of high-impactmodels that can be implemented in a
production setting to improve member health outcomes, toincrease the efficiency of care delivery operations,
and to contain health care costs through health improvement andrisk mitigation.EDUCATION:
Required: Master's degree in a quantitative, analytical discipline such as data science, mathematics, statistics,
operations research, actuarial science, or the physical sciences.EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum offive (5) years of experience applying data science and other advanced analyticsmethods to
very-large scaleinformation sources required. Six years is preferred.
• Demonstratedexpertise in data science and analytical methods, particularly as applied inthe healthcare
domain, mayreduce time-in-position and/or educational requirement.
• Extensiveexperience developing, applying, and interpreting results from successful(i.e., practical and
• Advancedknowledge of data science tools and methods, including machine learning andpredictive
modeling orsimulation modeling.
• Demonstratedexpertise with multiple data science tools is required, e.g.: R, Python,RapidMiner,
SAS/EnterpriseMiner, Statistica, AnyLogic, or BayesiaLab. Experience with similar tools willbe considered.
• Extensiveexperience designing and applying multiple advanced data mining, statisticalanalysis, and
predictivemodeling methods independently is required.
• Demonstratedexperience working with large, complex, relational databases is required.
• Demonstratedexperience with data extraction, data manipulation, and reporting is required.
• Demonstratedexpertise applying advanced problem-solving skills in the business environment.
• Experiencepresenting analytically-derived findings to senior leadership is required.
• Analyticsexperience in the healthcare delivery or health insurance industries isstrongly preferred. Relevant
experience inother industries (e.g., retail, social media, financial services) will beconsidered.
• Two-or-moreyears of experience applying advanced analytics tools and methods to healthcaredata is
• Two-or-moreyears of experience in a healthcare operations environment (health system orinsurer) is
• Priorsupervision of individual, or teams of, data scientists is strongly preferred.
• U nderstandingof HIPAA and other applicable statutes or regulations concerning patientprivacy and
appropriate use and sharing of healthcare data is stronglypreferred.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY/LISTING:
Valid Drivers License
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.