Cone Health, SW-Enter Analytics - Consulting SvcsCITY:
Exempt: Yes | FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week) | Schedule: M - F, 8am - 5pm | On Call: NOJOB SUMMARY:
The Data Scientist is anadvanced analytics resource on the Insight Discovery & ComputationalModeling
team within the Cone Health Enterprise Analytics department. TheData Scientist leverages the tools and
methods of applied data science to generate business andclinical value for Cone Health through discovery of
new insights/knowledge. The role of the Data Scientist at ConeHealth is to:
• Apply machine learning-based data mining methods to discovernew patterns in claims and care delivery
data for the purpose of understanding performance of the ConeHealth enterprise and/or the populations that
• Create predictive models for clinical and financial outcomesand/or population behaviors, and/or
• Build simulation models to assess the range of possibleoutcomes for strategic and tactical proposals, and to
gain an understanding of the sensitivity to associated businesslevers, prior to implementation.
The result of the data scientist's work is a body of high-impactmodels that can be implemented in a
production setting to improve member health outcomes, toincrease the efficiency of care delivery operations, and to contain health care costs through health improvement andrisk mitigation.EDUCATION:
Required: Bachelor's degree in a quantitative, analytical discipline such as data science, mathematics, statistics, operations research, actuarial science, or the physical sciences.
Master's Degree in an analytical discipline is preferred.EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience applying advancedanalytics / statistical methods to very-large scale
information sources required. Two years is preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency with at least one of the followingtools is required: R, Python, RapidMiner,
SAS/Enterprise Miner, Statistica, AnyLogic, or BayesiaLab.Experience with similar tools will be considered.
• The ability to apply multiple advanced data mining,statistical analysis, and predictive modeling methods
under the guidance of senior data scientists or the ExecutiveDirector is required.
• Demonstrated evidence of advanced problem-solving skills inthe business environment.
• Demonstrated experience with data extraction, datamanipulation, and reporting is strongly preferred.
• Analytics experience in the healthcare delivery or healthinsurance industries is preferred. Relevant
experience in other industries (e.g., retail, social media,financial services) will be considered.
• Demonstrated experience working with large, complex,relational databases is preferred.
• Experience presenting analytically-derived findings tomid-level or senior leadership is preferred.
• Two-or-more years of experience applying advanced analyticstools and methods to healthcare data is
• Two-or-more years of experience in a healthcare operationsenvironment (health system or insurer) is
• Understanding of HIPAA and other applicable statutes orregulations concerning patient privacy and appropriate use and sharing of healthcare data is stronglypreferred.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY/LISTING:
Valid drivers licence required
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.