Annie Penn, Float Pool/Flexible Resources CITY:
Reidsville JOB DETAILS:
Exempt: No | FTE: 0.001(0 hours/week) | Schedule: varies | On Call: NO
36hours per 6-week schedule; includes 1 weekend shift
Onewinter and one summer holiday
Campus Based RN Per Diem: Hired into a campus based Flexible Resource Department. Requires aminimum of 2 yrs of current experience in an acute care setting and documentedcompetencies in area of application. JOB SUMMARY:
Assesses, plans, implements, documents, organizes, prioritize, delegates, supervises and coordinates the care of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric patients as prescribed within the parameters of the NC Nurse Practice Act and hospital complex. EDUCATION:
Associates, Nursing, Required
Bachelors, Nursing, Preferred
Graduate of a School of Nursing. BSN required or with approval of the hiring manager, experienced RN's with an AD or Diploma with an active plan to obtain their BSN within four years from date of hire may be considered. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY/LISTING:
RN | Registered Nurse licensed in North Carolina or a Compact state.
BLS (CPR) | AHA Health Care Provider BLS
ACLS | Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
PALS | Pediatric Advanced Life Support
For elink RN's only: CCRN certification preferred upon hire or required within 12 months of hire date.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation. Cone HealthPer Diem RN Policy PURPOSE:
The intent of this policy is to definethe RN per diem program. This policy applies to non-benefited RN's in approveddepartments in a hospital setting
or an acute care hospitalsetting. Per Diem RNs are scheduled to supplement and support regularlyscheduled employees to meet patient needs. DEFINITIONS:
Per Diem employment is defined as .001FTE. POLICY:
ConeHealth, in support of effective staffing levels to ensure safety and qualitypatient care, allows hiring Registered Nurse per diem staff. Nurses serving inthese positions will follow an established set of procedures and guidelines,which define and support the per diem role.PROCEDURE:
• RNper diem hours are not guaranteed hours.
• Anemployee in a regular full-time or part-time benefited position cannotsimultaneously hold a non-benefited RN per diem position.
• Currentfull-time or part-time employees requesting a status change to RN per diem mustapply to a vacant job requisition (on department or career center site).
• RNper diem employees must complete all Cone Health designated annual requirementsand department requirements. Failure to comply with this policy includingmeeting annual requirements and department worked hour requirements may lead toinitiation of progressive disciplinary action, up to and including separationof employment.
• PerDiem RNs will sign a commitment agreement upon acceptance of position.
• Failureto work within a 90-day period may result in separation of employment from ConeHealth. Employee SchedulingResponsibilities
• Schedulehours based on department needs AFTER
full-time and part-time staff arescheduled.
• NotifySupervisor or Department Director if unable to meet the agreed upon commitment.
• Followdepartment guidelines for submitting schedule. Failure to submit schedulewithin established timeframe will result in a schedule being entered for you bythe leadership team.
• Scheduledhours and any additional hours may be worked off home department ONLY
ifall needs in home department are met.Supervisor / DepartmentDirector Responsibilities
• Reviewthe per diem policy with each employee (internal or external) moving into a perdiem position annually during performance reviews. .
• AllRN per diem hours will be entered in the scheduling system.
• Homedepartment leadership is responsible for ensuring per diem RNs are incompliance with required work hours.
• Overtimefor per diem RNs must be approved by Department Director or designee.
• Consultwith Chief Nursing Officer for employees working greater than 40 hours per weekfor two consecutive pay periods.Pay / Benefits Practice
• RNper diem employees will be paid at a reduced rate of pay for all non-productivetime.
• RNper diem employees are eligible for shift differential, overtime pay, andholiday pay.
• RNper diem employees are not eligible for weekend differential, mileagereimbursement, incentive, or other bonuses.
• PerDiem RNs who work to the hours to be eligible for medical coverage through theAffordable Care Act (ACA) will no longer be eligible for the per diem RNposition. HR will connect with employees meeting these eligibility levels andalternative FTE changes.
• Payperiod merit lump sums will cease for employees who convert from regularfull-time or part-time status to per diem status.
• Employeesin non-benefited per diem RN positions who receive a flat, hourly rate are noteligible for pay increases. Holiday Requirements:
• Aminimum of one winter and one summer Cone Health recognized 12-hour holidayshift is required.
• Non-exemptemployees scheduled to work on approved holidays in order to care for patients,will receive a holiday premium of 50% of their base hourly rate for allauthorized work hours from 11:00 p.m. the day before the holiday to 11:00p.m. the day of the holiday.
See Policy Title: Holidays. Winter Holidays Summer Holidays
New Year's Day
Labor Day Weekend Requirements:
Aminimum of 1 weekend shift per 6-week schedule is required.
• Weekendshifts begin at 3pm on Friday and end Monday at 7am.Floating andReassignment:
• PerDiem employees are required to float, and are the first to float.
• PerDiem RNs not needed on their home department will be reassigned by theAdministrative Coordinator or designee according to patient care needs.
• PerDiem RNs reassigned within their service line will assume a fullassignment.
• PerDiem RNs reassigned outside of their service line will negotiate a modifiedassignment.Call Off:
• PerDiem RNs are subject to being called off.
• Ifthe AC or designee has determined a reassigned employee is not needed, thenurse will be called off.
• Orderof call-off hours are as follows: per diem overtime, benefitedstaff overtime, potential overtime, benefited staff volunteers, systemper diem, campus per diem, unit per diem, benefited staff.
Scheduled hours that theemployee is called off or on-call count towards the employee's commitment.PerDiem Options: Option Job Code Definition Eligibility Requirements Schedule RN per diem
Hired into a direct patient care area outside the acute, inpatient /emergency departments. Unit Based RN per diem
Hired into a specific home nursing department.
Minimum of one year of current experience and documented competency in clinical area of work.
(36 hours per 6-week schedule; includes 1 weekend shift).
One winter and one summer holiday. Campus Based RN per diem
Hired into a campus-based Flexible Resource department.
Minimum of 2 years of current experience and documented competencies in area of application System Wide RN per diem
Hired into a SW Flexible Resource department with day-to-day assignments.
Minimum of 2 years of current experience and documented competencies in area of application Clinical Instructor/ Faculty per diem
Hired into a specific home nursing department.
Individualized scheduling plan approved by the Department Director.Cone HealthRN PerDiem Commitment Agreement
This Agreement is made and entered into on Enter Date Here
by and between EnterName Here
and The Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital OperatingCorporation d/b/a Cone Health ("Cone Health"). RN per diem option hired into: X Unit Based RN per diem Campus Based RN per diem System Wide per diem Initial Understanding of Policy Statements
I understand that RN per diem positions are non-benefits eligible and hours are not guaranteed.
I understand and agree to meet the per diem requirements below:
- Work 36 hours per 6-week schedule.
- Work one winter and one summer holiday per year.
- Work a minimum of 1 weekend shift per schedule.
I agree to meet all Cone Health designated departmental and annual requirements.
I understand and agree to meet the scheduling responsibilities below:
• Hours will be scheduled after full-time and part-time staff are scheduled.
• Scheduled and away additional hours may be worked off home department only if all needs in home department are met.
I agree to follow department guidelines for submitting schedule and understand that failure to submit schedule within established timeframe will result in a schedule being entered for me by the leadership team.
I understand floating, reassignment and call-off requirements.
I understand that per diem RNs are not eligible for pay increases, weekend differential, mileage reimbursement, other incentives or bonuses.
I will notify my supervisor or Department Director if unable to meet the agreed upon commitment.
I understand that failure to comply with this policy including meeting annual requirements and department worked hour requirements may lead to initiation of progressive disciplinary action, up to and including separation of employment.
I understand that failure to work a shift within a 90-day period may result in my separation of employment from Cone Health.
I have read and understand the RN per diem policy.