This position serves as the architect of a ConeHealth patient experience that supports and creates a masterfully orchestrated,personally meaningful, highly customized, patient - and family directedexperience in a healing environment.
Bachelor's Degree required Master's Preferred
• Ability to read and write the English language with proficiency
• Ability to structure a patient experience approach strategically for a campus
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to organize workload work load to provide reliable follow-through and meet timelines/deadlines
• Ability to build strong relationships at all levels in an organization
• Ability to develop a full understanding of best practices and tools and communicate them effectively to drive results.
• Proven track record of strong internal customer service and relationship building.
• Moderate to high skills in Microsoft Office, Excel and Powerpoint
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Serve as a catalyst for a patient and family centered culture at Cone Health while supporting the organization's values (Care for Patients, Care for Each other and Care for the Community)
Utilizes healthcare industry evidence-based practices and world-class service benchmarks to achieve improved patient and family perception of care with at least 90% of areas tracking towards goal.
Averages 4.25 or better on a scale of 1 - 5 on annual senior leader internal service survey.
Utilizes evidenced based leadership practices to improve patient perception of care results in all assigned areas to above a raw score of 71.0
Harvest best practices while supporting Cone Health leaders and shares the practices with other organizations across the Cone Health.
Must be able to analyze and interpret patient feedback data. Create patient feedback data. Create patient perception of care report using the patient feedback data and make recommendation for improvement.
• Build relationships and communicate in an effective manner across a wide continuum of healthcare professionals (nursing, physician, middle manager, executive level and front- line staff)
• Accountable for successful patient perception of care results and strong relationships with operation leaders.
• Facilitates execution of the following initiatives: creating a top decile patient experience, and building accountability systems. Along with Organizational development and Staff Education, operationalizes service behaviors.
• Equips senior leadership with the information, tools and evidence-based practices to build a sustainable culture that focuses on patient and family centered care.
• Takes direction from Executive Director, The office of Patient Experience, to ensure operational implementation and understands evidenced based practice by setting clear expectations for success.
• Supervises patient advocates, hospital greeters/receptionists as assigned. Mentors the patient advocates, hospital greeters/receptionists to effectively hardwire patient experience evidence based practice, to include service recovery techniques, AIDET and an assertively friendly, welcoming environment.
• Leads, facilitates, and navigates project plans by collaborating with operational leaders and teams as they initiate improvement efforts around the patient experience.
• Builds strong relationships with operational leaders through professional and high quality communication and support.
• The ability to Leads cross-functional teams and influences peers and staff who do not formally report to the position. Effectively drive change across the continuum of care.
• Contributes to the Cone Health Experience by providing intellectual capital and building best practices
• Identifies opportunities to improve the patient experience and bring innovative evidence-based practices from other health care organizations and/or industries.
• Challenges the status quo and traditional approaches in a collaborative, effective manner - balancing working relationships with a commitment to a "patient and family-first philosophy
• Supports the connection between Employee Engagement and the Patient Experience by working closely with other Patient Experience Managers, Organizational Development and Human Resources
• Collaborates with OD and Staff Education to design and implement training related to the patient experience. Develops professional presentation - conduct training sessions for operational leaders and staff.
• Integrates and applies best practices, tools and modes taught in the Cone Health Leadership Academy to work done throughout the Network.
• Share skills and lessons learned with other Patient Experience Managers.
• Facilitate effective listening and learning methodologies through such approaches as Patient Advisory Boards. Serve as the liaison between the Patient Advisors, Physicians, and Senior Leadership.
• Proficient with a high skill level in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)