LOCATION : Moses Cone Hospital, MHC - Pharmacy
CITY : Greensboro
JOB DETAILS :
Exempt: Yes | FTE: 1.000000 (40 hours/week) | Schedule: Day / Evening / Weekend Rotation | On Call: NOJOB SUMMARY:
Cone Health is seeking a highly motivated clinical Pharmacistwith a focus in internal medicine / surgery patient care. Successfulcandidates will have advanced knowledge and expertise to quickly assessclinical data and deliver direct patient care for the variety of diseases thatare treated by internal medicine / surgery clinical care teams. This position is accountable for themanagement of all aspects of medication-use processes, including but notnecessarily limited to, the following:
- Interpret and verify the appropriateness of provider entered medication orders according to individualized patient needs.
- Manage drug regimens by approved protocols in consultation with the medical staff.
- Prepare and dispense medications efficiently following existing standards of practice and the organization's policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate ownership for the welfare of the patient by performing medication related patient education, reconciliation, and assistance with optimizing the patient's drug regimen prior to discharge.
- Monitor outpatient drug therapies and billing procedures when appropriate to ensure the best care possible is being given.
• Conduct / provideinterdisciplinary and pharmacy department medication related education.
- Supervise pharmacy technicians in all pharmacy related activities.
- Participate in the training and development of staff.
This clinicianwill facilitate medication therapy and pharmacy services provided to their careareas and design best practice programs to collaboratively support directpatient-centered care and integrated pharmacy operations across our med /surgery progressive care units to include the chronic dialysis patients andsome coverage for antibiotic stewardship services.
The major work activities ofthis position include, but are not limited to:
- Promotes optimal medication therapies, utilizes drug dosing protocols, and provides consultations upon the patient, a physician or physician extender request.
- Effectively supervises and evaluates Pharmacy Technicians in all pharmacy related activities.
- Provides medication related information to healthcare professionals, patients, and the public. Conducts medication utilization evaluations or assists with formulary management through the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Promotes timely and accurate in-patient and/or outpatient medication processing and distribution. Takes responsibility for all issues related to processing/billing, distribution, and pharmacy technology.
- Serves as a preceptor and role model for all pharmacy staff including students, fellows, residents, technicians, and pharmacists. Takes responsibility for personal and professional growth by seeking out and participating in training and development activities. Completes all required competencies and computer based learning modules.
- Demonstrates ownership for the welfare of the patient by managing transitions of care for patients from the acute to progressive care setting and vice versa.
- Serves as a scholarly expert while providing interdisciplinary and pharmacy department medication related education in associated disease state therapies.
- Demonstrates the ability to design, collect and report out (e.g., dashboard) on a consistent basis data/metrics for the cardiology service line.
- Assists physicians with the implementation of investigational drug protocols that may be undertaken to serve the cardiology patients.
- Participates in professional associations and actively contribute to the literature through publications, presentations, and the education of the community on disease state management.
Required: Bachelors in Pharmacy
Preferred: Doctorate in Pharmacy
BS Pharmacy or PharmD degree required; PharmD degree preferred.
Experience in patient assessment and dispensing required.
Preferred: PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency accredited by ASHP.
PGY2 Pharmacy Practice Residency accredited by ASHP.
RPH -Registered Pharmacist
BLS(CPR) -AHA Health Care Provider BLS
Current active license to practice pharmacy in North Carolina preferred.
If not currently licensed, must be eligible to obtain North Carolina pharmacy license within 2 months of hire date.
Board Certification in Pharmacotherapy (BCPS)
Additional information on required licensure/certification/registry/listings:
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.