LOCATION : Moses Cone Hospital, MHC - Nursing SWOT--Service Without Territory, Float Pool
CITY : Greensboro
JOB DETAILS :
Exempt: No | FTE: 0.9 (36 hours/week) | Schedule: 9a-5:30p and 7a-7:30p | On Call: NO
Required: Associates Nursing
Preferred: Bachelors Additional Information:
Graduate of a School of Nursing. BSN required or with approval of the VP of Nursing, experienced RN's with an AD or Diploma with an active plan to obtain their BSN within four years from date of hire may be considered.
2 or more year's bedside RN experience
Critical Care experience highly preferred or Med/Surg in acute care setting
Registered Nurse licensed in North Carolina or a Compact state.
A current American Heart Association (AHA), Basic Life Support (BLS) card for Health Care Provider
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.
Alleviatethe stressful nature of the work environment on inpatient nursingdepartments. Underlimited supervision, perform transient assignments to serve as a resource forother members of the health care team.
• Assistwith admission, discharges, and transfers
• Transportcritically ill patients (Critical Care Nurses Only)
• Accompanyand monitor patients to tests, procedures.
• Duringemergencies or code blue, may help care for other patients on the unit
• Assistwith IV insertion or medication administration
• Assistwith patient transport from the ED
• Assistwith heavy tasks requiring additional for short periods of time
• Assist with bedsideprocedures
• During downtime, roundon patients and staff
• Other duties as assigned
- These nurses will be directed by the Administrative Coordinator to assist in areas where the intensity of workload exceeds what can be appropriately managed by existing staff
- These nurses will not be in a patient assignment which will allow them to quickly move to areas where they are needed
- After each assignment, SWOT RNs and Receiving departments, will complete evaluations of the overall experience
- At the end of shift, SWOT RN will document tasks accomplished and where time was spent during the shift
- SWOT RNs will be identified with an ID badge attachment unique to the role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Leadershipskills including communication, decision making, problem solving, negotiation
• Advanced criticalthinking skills
• Non-threateningcommunication skills in stressed situations
• Be sufficiently mobileto push stretchers, wheelchairs, carts and equipment
• Stand and or walkmajority of shift
• Ability to frequently transport patients