: Alamance Regional Medical CenterCITY
: Burlington JOB DETAILS
Exempt: Yes | FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week) | Schedule: Days/Evenings w/weekend rotation | On Call: NO
Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited school of pharmacy.
The resident is required to have or obtain a license to practice pharmacy in the state of North Carolina within the first two (2) months of their training program.
The resident must present their original license/permit to the Director of Pharmacy and verification will occur in accordance with the Department of Pharmacy policy.
AHA Health Care Provider BLS (CPR)
This position is accountable to complete a practice-based educational program with the objective of preparing graduate pharmacists for a career in health system or ambulatory Pharmacy. This position serves the following patient age categories: neonatal, pediatrics, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
1. Completes one major research project, completes a minimum of one medication use evaluation, and demonstrates project management skills during the year of residency.
2. Accompanies physicians or other members of the multidisciplinary team on patient care rounds to assist in the provision of pharmaceutical care to patients cared for by the team.
3. Provides drug or drug class reviews for the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee.
4. Gives presentations and serves as guest lecturer to nursing and medical staff or other health care professionals to increase their understanding of drug therapy.
5. Analyzes and promotes optimal drug therapies:
a. Evaluates, documents and reports potential significant drug/food interactions
b. Evaluates, documents and reports drug related problems (i.e., allergies, drug intolerance, medication errors, ADEs, etc.).
c. Recommend alternative drug regimens to improve patient outcomes
d. Identifies and recognizes more cost effective regimens.
6. Precepts and assists in the professional development of pharmacy students on rotations at Cone Health.
7. Provides supervision to assigned pharmacy service areas on evenings, weekends and holidays.
a. Maintains system to assure accuracy of medication distribution
b. Maintains appropriate documentation to meet regulatory guidelines
c. Maintains workflow of area and supervises daily functions of pharmacy technicians (i.e., meal break, productivity, etc.).
8. Participates in departmental quality improvement program and adverse drug event monitoring program (SZP) to improve services to patients and monitor the side effects of drug therapy.
9. Provides clinical pharmacy services to clinic patients per schedules.
10. Writes and readies for production one CBL (computer-based learning) module per year.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.