LOCATION: Greensboro, Cone Health
Full Time (40 hours/week)
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week)
Schedule: M-F, 8 am- 5 pm
On Call: No
The Business Analytics Consultant - Senior is an advanced analytics resource on the Enterprise Analytics Consulting Practice team within the Cone Health Enterprise Analytics department. The Business Analytics Consultant - Senior leverages the tools and methods of advanced analytics to generate business and clinical value for Cone Health through design, production, and interpretation of complex quantitative, often statistical, ad hoc analyses. The role of the Business Analytics Consultant - Senior at Cone Health is to:
• Play a leading role in engaging with business and/or clinical departments within Cone Health or subsidiary organizations in order to understand business and clinical issues and to recommend analysis plans,
• Independently design, develop and execute complex analytical/statistical analyses that determine the underlying drivers of key performance outcomes and/or contribute to an understanding of the mechanisms by which drivers act independently or in-concert (systems thinking),
• Apply advanced-level experience with analytical and statistical software tools to produce complex analyses of business and clinical operations issues leveraging multiple data sources,
• Develop and present recommendations to senior leaders (directors, executive directors) in a consultative manner regarding next analytical steps and/or solutions for business/clinical operations issues, weighing the practical considerations and potential barriers that need to be overcome in order to successfully implement new programs and processes, and
• Assist the Enterprise Analytics leadership team in overseeing the work of Business Analytics Specialists of, Business Analytics Consultants, and Business Analytics Consultants - Intermediate, as-needed.
The result of the Business Analytics Consultant - Senior's work is a body of complex, ad-hoc business analyses that provide insight regarding drivers of business and clinical performance. In addition, the Business Analytics Consultant - Senior acts as a trusted advisor to Cone Health senior leadership, proposing recommended solutions to business and operational issues supported by analytic findings. These findings and recommendations improve member health outcomes, increase the efficiency of care delivery operations, and help to contain health care costs through health improvement and risk mitigation.
What this role is not: Standard financial analysis (finance), I.T. services, report generation from vendor-
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
The successful Business Analytics Consultant - Senior will, with only periodic supervision:
o Independently, or in teams, apply advanced analytics programs/tools to develop and execute complex, ad-hoc analyses of financial, clinical, socio-economic, geospatial and other data to surface insights regarding drivers of clinical risk and financial performance. 25%
o Independently, or in teams, interpret the results of complex, ad-hoc analyses and produce clear and concise explanations of complex results, generating recognized value (i.e., actionable outcomes) for a non-analytics customer base. 20%
o Routinely engage with senior leadership customers as a trusted consultant, providing recommendations for analysis plans and performance improvement recommendations based on analytically-derived information. 20%
o Demonstrate an advanced level of attention to detail and initiative in discovering errors in data or analyses, or determining the need for additional, follow-up analysis arising from the original assignment. 15%
o Provide leadership to, mentor, and supervise the work of, Business Analytics Consultants and Business Analytics Specialists, as-needed 10%
o Apply organizational and time management skills to successfully and routinely manage multiple, complex assignments simultaneously. 10 %
Master's degree in a quantitative discipline including, but not limited to, fields such as physical sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, decision science, or actuarial science
Valid driver's license
*If driving Cone Health vehicle, must have 5 years of driving experience and MVR must be approved by Risk Management.
Prior Work Experience
• Five-to-eight (5-8) years of prior advanced analytics-related work experience, including financial and/or clinical modeling and data analysis, is required. Eight years are preferred.
• Five-to-eight (5-8) years of experience applying analytics / statistical tools to very-large scale, complex information sources is required.
Advanced Analytics Skill Set
• Analytics experience in the healthcare delivery or health insurance industries is required. In special circumstances, experience with particularly-relevant methods applied in other industries (e.g., retail, social media, financial services) may also be considered.
• Demonstrated ability to independently develop business problem statements and complex analysis plans.
• The ability to independently execute complex analysis plans, assess outcomes, and formulate follow-up analyses is required.
• Ability to independently apply data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, ArcGIS) is required.
• Extensive evidence of expert analytic problem-solving skills is required.
• Ability to independently create and communicate complex, analytically-derived findings to leadership, both verbally and in writing, is required.
• Understanding of HIPAA and other applicable statutes or regulations concerning patient privacy and appropriate use and sharing of healthcare data is required.
Advanced Analytics Technology Skills
• Demonstrated mastery of at least two advanced analytics tool is required (e.g., SAS, R, SPSS, Stata). Experience with similar tools will be considered.
• Ability to independently apply data extraction and basic statistical analysis tools and methods is required.
Staff Management Skills
Prior leadership of advanced analytics staff to conduct analytics projects of high complexity.
• Prior experience supervising the work of multi-disciplinary advanced analytics staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
o Prior experience engaging with senior leadership as an expert consultant regarding business analytics.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
* Annual flu shot
* Annual TB test (if applicable to your job location)
* Annual CBLs (Safety at Work and Corporate Compliance)
* Maintain licensure/certification/registry/listing (if applicable to your job)
ABOUT CONE HEALTH:
Cone Health is a state of the art network of facilities providing patients access to the latest developments in medical care from their first moments of life through later years. Our network offers the most breakthrough treatments and technology available in healthcare today. As a teaching hospital, we offer employees the opportunity to become leaders in the industry and continued growth from their first day on. Extraordinary patient care is about being "high-touch" as well as "high-tech". Community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of our organization, a philosophy that is demonstrated by each and every one of our valued team members. We are proud to be the largest private, not-for-profit employer of choice in the Piedmont, NC area community. Additionally, as one of the region's largest and most comprehensive health networks, Cone Health has more than 100 locations, including six hospitals, three ambulatory care centers, three outpatient surgery centers, four urgent care centers, a retirement community, and more than 100 physician practice sites. Our tagline - "The Network for Exceptional Care" - highlights our commitment to excellence, which is shared by our more than 11,000 employees, 1,300 physicians and 1,200 volunteers.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.