The Clinical Analytics Specialist - Lead is an advanced analytics resource on the Enterprise Analytics Consulting Practice team within the Cone Health Enterprise Analytics department. The Clinical Analytics Specialist - Lead leverages knowledge of clinical care delivery, clinical operations, and medical records coding to generate business and clinical value for Cone Health through production and in-depth clinical analysis of standard reports. The role of the Clinical Analytics Specialist - Lead at Cone Health is to:
• Engage with business and/or clinical departments within Cone Health or subsidiary organizations in order to understand clinical operations issues and analysis needs,
• Produce reports that use diagnoses, procedures, clinical grouping and risk assessment methods, and analytics tools to surface key performance metrics and/or underlying drivers of performance,
• Use tools that provide access to multiple data sources needed to produce reports, and/or
• Analyze reports based on clinical expertise and develop and distribute findings to stakeholders.
The result of the Clinical Analytics Specialist - Lead's work is a body of business analytics reports and associated analyses that provide insight regarding drivers of business and clinical performance and that may be implemented in a production setting for periodic review. These findings improve member health outcomes, increase the efficiency of care delivery operations, and help to contain health care costs through health improvement and risk mitigation.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
Demonstrate attention to detail and initiative in discovering errors in data or analyses, or determining the need for additional, follow-up analysis arising from the original assignment. 15 %
Develop knowledge of Cone Health clinical and business initiatives to ensure value-adding design and interpretation of analysis. 10 %
Independently, or in teams, and with minimal supervision of the manager or senior analysts, develop and produce reports that surface clinical insights relevant to clinical risk and financial performance. 25 %
Independently, or in teams, and with minimal supervision of the manager or senior analysts, produce clinical analyses of reports that clearly and concisely explain results to a non-analytics, clinical or non-clinical customer base. 25 %
Independently or in teams, routinely contribute clinical knowledge and insights to the design and interpretation of analyses produced within the Enterprise Analytics department. 25 %
RN, Allied Health professional degree, or Bachelor's degree in a clinical discipline including, but not limited to, fields such as nursing, physician's assistant, pharmacy, medical records coding, PT/OT, psychology.
Valid Driver's License
• At least six-to-eight (6-8) years of care delivery or medical records coding experience is required. Eight years of clinically-oriented experience are preferred.
• Analytics experience in the healthcare delivery or health insurance industries is required.
• At least one (1) year of prior analytics-related work experience (Business Analytics Specialist - Intermediate level) that leveraged clinical expertise in financial and/or clinical operations analyses is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Mastery of ICD-10/ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS, DRG's, HCC's or other relevant clinical coding or risk assessment methods is required.
• Demonstrated evidence of analytic problem-solving skills involving clinical information is required.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience contributing clinical expertise to the analysis and interpretation of financial and/or clinical operations data.
• Understanding of HIPAA and other applicable statutes or regulations concerning patient privacy and appropriate use and sharing of healthcare data is required.
• Experience creating and documenting analytically-derived clinical findings is preferred.
• Demonstrated expertise in at least one clinical discipline, either through care delivery or use of medical records/EHR systems for clinical or administrative purposes (e.g., Epic, Cerner), is required.
• Minimum three (3) years of hands-on experience using Excel to compile and analyze clinical data is required. Experience with similar tools, or commercial reporting packages (e.g., Premier, Epic), will be considered.
• The ability to independently use packaged/vendor-supplied reporting tools (e.g., Premier, Epic) to extract data for analysis is required.
• Prior staff or project leadership experience not required for this position.
• One (1) year of experience applying reporting or analytics / statistical tools to very-large scale information sources is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with data extraction, data manipulation, and reporting is preferred.
• Working knowledge of data extraction, data manipulation, and data visualization tools.
• Prior hands-on experience developing, producing, and interpreting results from quantitative reports.
• Experience with data access and manipulation tools such as SQL, SAS, or SAS Enterprise Guide.
• Ability to create moderately complex reports under supervision of a manager or team lead.
• Superior attention to detail.
• Must be able to effectively communicate to customers the practical implications of reporting results
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
* Annual flu shot
* Annual TB test (if applicable to your job location)
* Annual HLCs (Healthstream, formerly CBL)-Safety at Work and Corporate Compliance
* Maintain licensure/certification/registry/listing (if applicable to your job)
ABOUT CONE HEALTH:
Cone Health is a state of the art network of facilities providing patients access to the latest developments in medical care from their first moments of life through later years. Our network offers the most breakthrough treatments and technology available in healthcare today. As a teaching hospital, we offer employees the opportunity to become leaders in the industry and continued growth from their first day on. Extraordinary patient care is about being "high-touch" as well as "high-tech". Community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of our organization, a philosophy that is demonstrated by each and every one of our valued team members. We are proud to be the largest private, not-for-profit employer of choice in the Piedmont, NC area community. Additionally, as one of the region's largest and most comprehensive health networks, Cone Health has more than 100 locations, including six hospitals, three ambulatory care centers, three outpatient surgery centers, four urgent care centers, a retirement community, and more than 100 physician practice sites. Our tagline - "The Network for Exceptional Care" - highlights our commitment to excellence, which is shared by our more than 11,000 employees, 1,300 physicians and 1,200 volunteers.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.