The Business Analytics Specialist - Lead is an advanced analytics resource on the Enterprise Analytics Consulting Practice team within the Cone Health Enterprise Analytics department. The Business Analytics Specialist - Lead leverages the tools and methods of analytics to generate business and clinical value for Cone Health through independent design, production, and in-depth quantitative analysis of standard reports. The role of the Business Analytics Specialist - Lead at Cone Health is to:
• Engage with business and/or clinical departments within Cone Health or subsidiary organizations in order to understand business issues and analysis needs,
• Design, develop and produce reports that use analytics tools to surface key performance metrics and/or underlying drivers of performance,
• Routinely use tools that provide access to multiple data sources needed to produce reports, and/or
• Analyze reports and develop and distribute findings to stakeholders.
• Assist the leadership team in overseeing the work of other Business Analytics Specialists,
The result of the Business Analytics Specialist - Lead's work is a body of business analytics reports and associated analyses that provide insight regarding drivers of business and clinical performance and that may be implemented in a production setting for periodic review. These findings improve member health outcomes, increase the efficiency of care delivery operations, and help to contain health care costs through health improvement and risk mitigation.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
Demonstrate attention to detail and initiative in discovering errors in data or analyses, or determining the need for additional, follow-up analysis arising from the original assignment. 15 %
Develop knowledge of Cone Health clinical and business initiatives to ensure value-adding design and interpretation of analysis. 10 %
Independently, or in teams, lead the analysis of reports that clearly and concisely explain results to a non-analytics customer base. 25 %
Independently, or in teams, lead the design, development and production of reports that surface information relevant to clinical risk and financial performance. 30 %
Routinely and independently apply data extraction tools, data manipulation skills, and data visualization tools to daily work. 20 %
Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline including, but not limited to, fields such as physical sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, decision science, or actuarial science.
• Two (2) years of prior analytics-related work experience is required. Three years are preferred.
• Two (2) years of experience applying reporting or analytics / statistical tools to very-large scale information sources is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of data extraction, data manipulation, and data visualization tools.
• Prior hands-on experience developing, producing, and interpreting results from quantitative reports.
• Experience with data access and manipulation tools such as SQL, SAS, or SAS Enterprise Guide.
• Ability to create moderately complex reports under minimal supervision of a manager or team lead.
• Superior attention to detail.
• Must be able to effectively communicate to customers the practical implications of reporting results.
Advanced Analytics Technology Skills
• Demonstrated expertise with at least one of the following tools is required: Excel, SQL, SAS, R, Tableau, ArcGIS. Experience with similar tools, or commercial reporting packages, will be considered.
• Demonstrated expertise with data extraction, data manipulation, and reporting is required.
• The ability to independently apply data extraction and statistical analysis tools and methods is required.
Staff Management Skills
• Prior staff or project leadership experience not required for this position.
• Analytics experience in the healthcare delivery or health insurance industries is preferred. Relevant experience in other industries (e.g., retail, social media, financial services) will also be considered.
• Understanding of HIPAA and other applicable statutes or regulations concerning patient privacy and appropriate use and sharing of healthcare data is preferred.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
* Annual flu shot
* Annual TB test (if applicable to your job location)
* Annual HLCs (Healthstream, formerly CBL)-Safety at Work and Corporate Compliance
* Maintain licensure/certification/registry/listing (if applicable to your job)
ABOUT CONE HEALTH:
Cone Health is a state of the art network of facilities providing patients access to the latest developments in medical care from their first moments of life through later years. Our network offers the most breakthrough treatments and technology available in healthcare today. As a teaching hospital, we offer employees the opportunity to become leaders in the industry and continued growth from their first day on. Extraordinary patient care is about being "high-touch" as well as "high-tech". Community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of our organization, a philosophy that is demonstrated by each and every one of our valued team members. We are proud to be the largest private, not-for-profit employer of choice in the Piedmont, NC area community. Additionally, as one of the region's largest and most comprehensive health networks, Cone Health has more than 100 locations, including six hospitals, three ambulatory care centers, three outpatient surgery centers, four urgent care centers, a retirement community, and more than 100 physician practice sites. Our tagline - "The Network for Exceptional Care" - highlights our commitment to excellence, which is shared by our more than 11,000 employees, 1,300 physicians and 1,200 volunteers.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.