LOCATION : Moses Cone Hospital, MHC - Pharmacy
CITY : Greensboro
JOB DETAILS :
Exempt: Yes | FTE: 1.000000 (40 hours/week) | Schedule: NA | On Call: NO
JOB SUMMARY :
Cone Health is seeking ahighly motivated clinical pharmacist with a focus in infant and childrens patientcare. Successful candidates will haveadvanced knowledge and expertise to quickly assess clinical data and deliverdirect patient care to the pediatric and neonate patient populations. This position is accountable for themanagement of all aspects of medication-use processes, including but notnecessarily limited to, the following:
- Collaborates with health care providers to provide comprehensive medication management to the pediatric/neonate patient.
- Effectively contributes pharmacotherapy knowledge for the management of drug regimens in consultation with the medical staff.
- Utilizes drug dosing protocols, medication reviews, and consultations upon physician request.
- Prepares and dispenses medications efficiently following existing standards of practice and the organization's policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate ownership for the welfare of the patient by performing medication related education, medication reconciliation, and assistance with optimizing the patient's drug regimen through transitions of care.
• Conduct / provideinterdisciplinary and pharmacy department pediatric/neonate medication relatededucation.
• Demonstrateability to conduct quality improvement or research projects.
- Demonstrate leadership skills for successful self-development in the provision of care for pediatric and neonate patients. Supervise pharmacy technicians in all pharmacy related activities.
- Participate in the training and development of staff to provide pediatric and neonate services.
This clinician willfacilitate and have active participation in direct patient care programs, drugmanagement services, medication use systems and student/resident experientialtraining for our pediatric and neonate services.
The major work activities ofthis position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide pediatric and neonate pharmaceutical services to improve medication use and therapeutic outcomes including advising physicians and practitioners on issues concerning drug therapy, the inherent toxicity of drugs, drug-drug, drug-food interactions and side effects, as well as assisting in the prescribing of appropriate doses.
- Actively function as a member of pharmacy practice and clinical services to proficiently complete critical medication order scrutiny, drug profile review, and monitoring of pediatric and neonate patients with a range of disease states to identify, prevent, or mitigate medication related problems
- Coordinates the activities of pharmacy technicians engaged in the preparation, labeling and delivery of medications in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Provides medication related information to healthcare professionals, patients, and the public. Conducts medication utilization evaluations or assists with formulary management through the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Serves as a preceptor and role model for all pharmacy staff including students, fellows, residents, technicians, and pharmacists. Takes responsibility for personal and professional growth by seeking out and participating in training and development activities. Completes all required competencies and computer-based learning modules.
- Actively participates in medication safety systems, regulatory compliance initiatives, patient quality services, and disease outcome programs for the welfare of the pediatric or neonate patient. Manages transitions of care for continuity.
- Demonstrates the ability to design, collect and report out (e.g., dashboard) on a consistent basis data/metrics for the pediatric and neonate service lines.
- Provides oversight and assists with the development and implementation of evidence-based medication guidelines/protocols. Designs and implements medication monitoring guidelines and programs for both staff and clinical pharmacist.
- Participates in professional associations and actively contribute to the literature through publications, presentations, and the education of the community on disease state management.
- Works with other Moses Cone Hospital colleagues to engage the patient and their family in medication discussions, planning and educational sessions to support patient and family centered care.
Bachelors Pharmacy - Required
Doctorate Pharmacy - Preferred
BS Pharmacy or PharmD degree required; PharmD degree preferred.
Experience in patient assessment and dispensing required.
ASHP Accredited PGY1 Acute Care/Pediatrics residency preferred
ASHP Accredited PGY2 Pediatrics residency or equivalent work experience (preferred).
Desired Certification(s): BCPPS (Board Certified Pediatric Pharmacy Specialist)
RPH - Registered Pharmacist
BLS (CPR) - AHA Health Care Provider BLS
Additional information on required licensure/certification/registry/listings:
Current active license to practice pharmacy in North Carolina preferred.
If not currently licensed, must be eligible to obtain North Carolina pharmacy license within 2 months of hire date.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.