: MedCenter High Point, HSD-HP-ED Pharmacy CITY
: High Point JOB DETAILS
FTE: 0.5 (20 hours/week)
Schedule: Monday-Friday. 1-5pm
On Call: NO
MedCenter High Point Pharmacy Services is seeking a highly motivated Clinical Pharmacist to provide oversight for acute care pharmacy services for patients at MedCenter High Point. Successful candidates will have experience or knowledge in building and sustaining progressive acute care pharmacy services and is responsible for assuring these services are developed and sustained to offer unsurpassed health care experiences to our patients, healthcare providers, and community.
The desired knowledge, skills, and abilities of this leadership position include:
1. Collaborate with service care providers and patients to establish and deploy acute care pharmacy services for patients at MedCenter High Point.
2. Cultivate and foster a top decile (tier 1) employee partnership culture with Pharmacy and throughout MedCenter High Point.
3. Provide pharmacy technician oversight and work intra and extra-departmentally to exemplify outstanding performance and iCARE standards and principles, including communication, accountability, respect, and empowerment.
4. Create an engaging environment that supports continuous individual, group, and selfdevelopment within all facets of acute care pharmacy services best practice, including excellence in customer service.
5. Within 3 months of employment, assume all pharmacist manager responsibilities in accordance with NC Board of Pharmacy Rules and Regulations.
6. Assist the Director of pharmacy for Moses Cone Hospital in planning, budgeting, and justifying capital equipment, operating, and human resources requirements to accomplish goals within responsibility areas. 7. Develop, implement, and report on quality, safety, financial, and customer service measures within the assigned areas of responsibility.
8. Meet regulatory, national, and best-practice standards within responsibility areas through continuous monitoring and improvement.
9. Participate in professional associations and actively contribute to the literature through publications and presentations.
10. Serve as a mentor, preceptor, and/or residency program director (if applicable) for pharmacy interns, students, and residents.
Where applicable, arrange, coordinate, and conduct advanced clinical clerkships and internships for college of pharmacy students, including assignment of clinical staff pharmacists to preceptor roles.
Prepare and present information on drug therapy and clinical pharmacy programs to pharmacy staff, nursing staff, house staff (physician interns and residents), medical staff, administrative council, hospital committees, and others. EDUCATION
BS Pharmacy or PharmD degree required; PharmD degree preferred EXPERIENCE
Experience in patient assessment and dispensing required.
PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency accredited by ASHP.
PGY2 Pharmacy Practice Residency accredited by ASHP. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY/LISTING-REQUIRED
BLS (CPR) - AHA Health Care Provider BLS
Current active license to practice pharmacy in North Carolina preferred.
If not currently licensed, must be eligible to obtain North Carolina pharmacy license within 2 months of hire date.
Desired Certification(s): Pharmacotherapy (BCPS) Experience Desired:
Minimum of 1-3 years of hospital (acute) or ambulatory pharmacy experience, supervisory experience is a plus
PGY1 and PGY2 ASHP Accredited Pharmacy Residencies or equivalent work experience MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES
Analyzes and promotes optimal medication therapies 20 %
Supervises and evaluates the activities of Pharmacy Technicians in filling of medication orders for inpatient and outpatient services 20 %
Provides and monitors drug utilization and medication related information to healthcare professionals, patients and the public. 20 %
Utilizes drug dosing protocols, medication reviews and consultations upon physician request. 20 %
Serves as a preceptor and role model for all pharmacy staff including students, fellows, residents, and pharmacists. 20 % CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
* Annual flu shot
* Annual TB test (if applicable to your job location)
* Annual HLCs (Healthstream, formerly CBL)-Safety at Work and Corporate Compliance
* Maintain licensure/certification/registry/listing (if applicable to your job)ABOUT CONE HEALTH
Cone Health is a state of the art network of facilities providing patients access to the latest developments in medical care from their first moments of life through later years. Our network offers the most breakthrough treatments and technology available in healthcare today. As a teaching hospital, we offer employees the opportunity to become leaders in the industry and continued growth from their first day on. Extraordinary patient care is about being "high-touch" as well as "high-tech". Community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of our organization, a philosophy that is demonstrated by each and every one of our valued team members. We are proud to be the largest private, not-for-profit employer of choice in the Piedmont, NC area community. Additionally, as one of the region's largest and most comprehensive health networks, Cone Health has more than 100 locations, including six hospitals, three ambulatory care centers, three outpatient surgery centers, four urgent care centers, a retirement community, and more than 100 physician practice sites. Our tagline - "The Network for Exceptional Care" - highlights our commitment to excellence, which is shared by our more than 11,000 employees, 1,300 physicians and 1,200 volunteers.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.