SWOT RN\u2014Service Without Territory (Critical Care Float Pool)
Moses H. Cone Hospital Campus
7 pm to 7 am BASIC PURPOSE:
Alleviate the stressful nature of the work environment on inpatient nursing departments. Under limited supervision, perform transient assignments to serve as a resource for other members of the health care team.J OB DUTIES:
• Assist with admission, discharges, and transfers
• Discharge teaching
• Transport critically ill patients (Critical Care Nurses Only)
• Accompany and monitor patients to tests, procedures.
• During emergencies or code blue, may help care for other patients on the unit
• Assist with IV insertion or medication administration
• Assist with patient transport from the ED
• Assist with heavy tasks requiring additional for short periods of time
• Assist with bedside procedures
• During downtime, round on patients and staff
• Other duties as assignedPROCESS:
- These nurses will be directed by the Administrative Coordinator to assist in areas where the intensity of workload exceeds what can be appropriately managed by existing staff
- These nurses will not be in a patient assignment which will allow them to quickly move to areas where they are needed
- After each assignment, SWOT RNs and Receiving departments, will complete evaluations of the overall experience
- At the end of shift, SWOT RN will document tasks accomplished and where time was spent during the shift
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- SWOT RNs will be identified with an ID badge attachment unique to the role.
• Leadership skills including communication, decision making, problem solving, negotiation
• Advanced critical thinking skills
• Non-threatening communication skills in stressed situations
• Be sufficiently mobile to push stretchers, wheelchairs, carts and equipment
• Stand and or walk majority of shift
• Ability to frequently transport patientsEDUCATION:
Graduate of a School of Nursing. BSN required or with approval of the VP of Nursing, experienced RN's with an AD or Diploma with an active plan to obtain their BSN within four years from date of hire may be considered. EXPERIENCE:
2 or more year's bedside RN experience
Critical Care experience highly preferred LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY/LISTING:
Registered Nurse licensed in North Carolina or a Compact state.
A current American Heart Association (AHA), Basic Life Support (BLS) card for Health Care Provider
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
Pediatric Advanced Life Support CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
* Annual flu shot
* Annual TB test (if applicable to your job location)
* Annual CBLs (Safety at Work and Corporate Compliance)
* Maintain licensure/certification/registry/listing (if applicable to your job) PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time), and/or; 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time), and/or; greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly (2/3 or more of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
• Respirator Fit Testing HEARING/VISION:
• Hear and differentiate low volume sounds in order to make judgments regarding actions needed
• Hear alarm bells, verbal conversations, telephone voices and normal volume sounds
• Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
• Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
• Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
• Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors) iCARE - COMMITMENTS TO CARE:
I will create and engage in conversations of possibility.
o I will be open to innovation and creativity.
o I will listen to understand.
o I will bring ideas for solutions and be open to alternative ideas.
o I will be open to constructive feedback.
o I will not engage or listen to negativity or gossip.
o I will be positive when speaking about Cone Health, my department, and my coworkers.
o I will be approachable.
o I will focus on behaviors, not the person, during conflict.
I will honor my word.
o I will do what I say when I say I will. o I will "clean it up" when I can't keep my word.
o I will honor my work agreement.
o I will be "on the court" instead of "in the stands."
o I will follow up in a timely manner on commitments and requests.
o I will apologize when someone experiences less than excellent service. o I will take responsibility for my actions, decisions and performance.
o I will protect patient safety (best practices: ex - hand hygiene).
I will assume the best of intentions and embrace differences.
o I will collaborate and seek other people's input.
o I will demonstrate courtesy, compassion, and respect with my tone of voice and body language.
o I will speak positively about Cone Health - managing up coworkers, physicians, departments, patients and visitors.
o I will ask the person directly involved when I don't know.
o I will include diverse skills, abilities, strengths, and backgrounds to create better outcomes.
o I will care for myself while also respecting others.
I will own it, solve it, and celebrate it!
o I will offer solutions when problems are identified.
o I will share my input for decisions by participating in forums such as shared governance, town halls, employee engagement survey, brown bag discussions, employee councils, staff meetings, or directly with my manager.
o I will take charge and do the right thing at the right time.
o I will make decisions keeping a balance of service, quality, and cost in mind.
o I will demonstrate Cone Health values.
o I will seek opportunities to celebrate and have fun.
o I will recognize good work.
Exceptional People Providing Exceptional Care!
Cone Health is a state of the art network of facilities providing patients access to the latest developments in medical care from their first moments of life through later years. Our network offers the most breakthrough treatments and technology available in healthcare today. As a teaching hospital, we offer employees the opportunity to become leaders in the industry and continued growth from their first day on.
Extraordinary patient care is about being "high-touch" as well as "high-tech". Community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of our organization, a philosophy that is demonstrated by each and every one of our valued team members. We are proud to be the largest private, not-for-profit employer of choice in the Piedmont, NC area community!
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation. Additionally, Cone Health invites interested deaf and hard of hearing applicants to use Video Relay Service (VRS).