LOCATION: Cone Health, Enterprise Analytics, 4411 W Market St
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week)
Schedule: M-F, 8 hour days
On Call: NO
Under the direction of the Manager, Clinical & Business Intelligence (C&BI), the DBA will be responsible for supporting the enterprise data warehouse, the internally developed multidimensional cubes, data marts and SSIS packages for existing and potentially new C&BI dashboards and reports, assessing existing systems/technologies, recommending approaches for modernization and driving decision making through innovative technology and data driven solutions. This person will work directly with stakeholders and team members to define, design and deliver actionable insights while working with ETL and C&BI developers in an agile environment. The person will work with the data architects to design and execute changes to existing data models and create new data models and data marts based upon the enterprise data strategy and analytic needs of the organization.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information technology or related field.
3+ years of experience in SQL Server based Enterprise Data Warehousing modeling and/or Business Intelligence
• 2 years Healthcare experience to demonstrate an understanding of the intricacies of healthcare data and an understanding of HIPAA and its impact on database design.
• Previous experience and/or knowledge of Epic's data repository (Clarity)
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server BI technologies like Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview, etc.
• Previous medical claims data experience working in a payer environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of data architecture concepts, logical and physical database modeling, methods, and strategies
• Experience with business Intelligence strategies/design as it relates to data architecture
• Expertise in database and query performance tuning advanced methodologies and techniques.
• Understanding of activities within primary discipline such as master data management (MDM) and data governance (DG)
Considered a Plus:
• Experience with analytics and big data solutions
• Experience with healthcare data repositories and/or knowledge of healthcare data warehouse systems
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY/LISTING-REQUIRED: Driver's License - NC DRIVER'S LICENSE
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
Champions data quality, integrity and reliability throughout the department by designing and promoting best practices. 10 %
Creates/maintains the development of logical data models and physical database design and semantic data layer(s) needed to support business and analytic requirements. Adapts to change as the organization develops its Data Governance and Data Driven environment. 20 %
Creates/maintains the ETL architecture and design. Mentors reporting and analytics team members on ETL tools and architecture. Creates streamlined, scalable integration solutions to support the BI and analytic environment(s). 20 %
Maintains quality of data in the reporting and analytics ecosystems ensuring: integrity of data, the correction of any data problems, data currency, and the established design procedures to purge/archive old data. Participates in the planning and retirement of systems and migration of infrastructure. 20 %
Provides assistance to DW team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems and/or programming knowledge. 10 %
Supports and performs Systems Administration duties as needed. 10 %
Tracks progress and effectively communicates with key stakeholders to ensure successful completion of assigned projects is within targeted time, cost, and quality. Interacts with business partners, 3rd party vendors to highlight the right information, risks, open issues, and the impact on data related projects. 10 %
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
* Annual flu shot
* Annual TB test (if applicable to your job location)
* Annual HLCs (Healthstream, formerly CBL)-Safety at Work and Corporate Compliance
* Maintain licensure/certification/registry/listing (if applicable to your job)
ABOUT CONE HEALTH:
Cone Health is a state of the art network of facilities providing patients access to the latest developments in medical care from their first moments of life through later years. Our network offers the most breakthrough treatments and technology available in healthcare today. As a teaching hospital, we offer employees the opportunity to become leaders in the industry and continued growth from their first day on. Extraordinary patient care is about being "high-touch" as well as "high-tech". Community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of our organization, a philosophy that is demonstrated by each and every one of our valued team members. We are proud to be the largest private, not-for-profit employer of choice in the Piedmont, NC area community. Additionally, as one of the region's largest and most comprehensive health networks, Cone Health has more than 100 locations, including six hospitals, three ambulatory care centers, three outpatient surgery centers, four urgent care centers, a retirement community, and more than 100 physician practice sites. Our tagline - "The Network for Exceptional Care" - highlights our commitment to excellence, which is shared by our more than 11,000 employees, 1,300 physicians and 1,200 volunteers.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.