Piedmont Orthopedics Physician Assistant Position JOB DESCRIPTION:
We are seeking an experienced surgical physician assistant to work with a moderate volume, sports medicine fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon. Responsibilities are divided between clinic (60%) and operating room (40%). The PA will participate in call coverage with their physician 1:7 days and every 7th weekend.
Practice Location: 300 W Northwood Street Greensboro, NC 27401
Piedmont Orthopedics has been providing state of the art care to Greensboro and the surrounding community for nearly 50 years.
Piedmont physicians combine evidence based medicine, best practices, and experience to optimize treatment outcomes. Our subspecialized practice encompasses the disciplines of sports medicine (knee and shoulder), total joints, foot and ankle, spine, and general trauma. Our medical staff includes (7) orthopedic surgeons, a physiatrist, a rheumatologist, (4) PA's and (1) NP, enabling us to provide timely and comprehensive orthopedic care.
Piedmont Orthopedics offers a wide variety of proven non-operative and operative treatment options to help patients stay active. Our board certified physicians view each patient as an individual, combining high tech diagnostic and treatment protocols with a compassionate patient care philosophy to meet their unique needs. The overriding goal of the Piedmont Orthopedic team is for our patients to leave us better able to lead an active and enjoyable life.JOB SUMMARY:
To provide safe and effective evidence-based patient care.EDUCATION:
Master's Degree required from accredited Physician Assistant Program.EXPERIENCE:
1 year of practice with surgical experience as a Physician Assistant is required.
First Assist experience is required.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY/LISTING - REQUIRED:
BLS (CPR) - AHA Health Care Provider BLS
Current PA licensure in the State of NC
DEA License required within 60 days of hire date (due to APPs at this location, not prescribing narcotics)MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:CLINIC:
• Evaluate new patients with orthopedic problems
• Follow up with post-operative patients
• Become facile with knee and shoulder injections.
• Become familiar with ultrasound assisted musculoskeletal diagnosis and ultrasound guided injections.
• Timely documentation of clinic visit into the medical record (EPIC)OPERATING ROOM:
• First assist in variety of cases (total knee, hip, and shoulder replacement), graft preparation in ACL and multi-ligament knee reconstruction, arthroscopic camera skills for shoulder stabilization and rotator cuff repair.
• Incision closure
• Preoperative chart completion and post-operative ordersCALL:
• Rounding with physician on weekends
• Consults - emergent and non-emergent
• First assist in general trauma cases - hip, ankle, knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist fractures and dislocationsCONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Annual flu shot
• Annual TB test (if applicable to your job location)
• Annual HLCs (Healthstream, formerly CBL)-Safety at Work and Corporate Compliance
• Maintain licensure/certification/registry/listing (if applicable to your jobABOUT CONE HEALTH:
Cone Health is a state of the art network of facilities providing patients access to the latest developments in medical care from their first moments of life through later years. Our network offers the most breakthrough treatments and technology available in healthcare today. As a teaching hospital, we offer employees the opportunity to become leaders in the industry and continued growth from their first day on. Extraordinary patient care is about being "high-touch" as well as "high-tech". Community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of our organization, a philosophy that is demonstrated by each and every one of our valued team members. We are proud to be the largest private, not-for-profit employer of choice in the Piedmont, NC area community. Additionally, as one of the region's largest and most comprehensive health networks, Cone Health has more than 100 locations, including six hospitals, three ambulatory care centers, three outpatient surgery centers, four urgent care centers, a retirement community, and more than 100 physician practice sites. Our tagline - "The Network for Exceptional Care" - highlights our commitment to excellence, which is shared by our more than 11,000 employees, 1,300 physicians and 1,200 volunteers.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer.
If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact:
Danielle LaMorte, MD
Cone Health Physician Recruitment Consultant[email protected]