Moses ConeHospital, MHC - ED RegistrationCITY:
Exempt: No | FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week) | Schedule: 7p-3:30a | On Call: NOJOB SUMMARY:
The purpose of this position is to registerall patients needing services. The role is responsible for obtaining accurateand complete demographic, financial, and medical information. The personperforming this role anticipates and acts on the needs of our customers toenhance the patient experience.
• Engages patients throughout theregistration process to create a welcoming and positive patient experience
• Appropriate patient identification
• Collecting accurate and thorough patientdemographic data
• Obtaining insurance information andverifying eligibility and benefits
• Determining and collecting patientfinancial liability
• Referring patients to a Patient FinancialResource Specialist as needed for assistance with financial counseling
• Patient Registration and FinancialClearance completed at the bedside within an emergency care settingEDUCATION:
Required: High School diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Associate Degree or Certificationin Health Care Administration
Required: 1 year customer serviceexperience in a healthcare or related setting; 6 months healthcare officeexperience.
Preferred: Medical Terminology; 1 yearpatient registration and/or revenue cycle experience.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY/LISTING
Certification in Health Care Access (CHAA,CAA)
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.