Cone Health, SW-Health Information ManagementCITY:
Exempt: No | FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week) | Schedule: 8a-4:30p | On Call: NOJOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for accurate coding and abstracting of medical information for billing and statistical purposes, and entering the information into a computerized database.
* Position is classified as professional which requires a minimum four week notice upon resignation.EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a formal course of study in medical terminology, disease processes, anatomy and physiology. Completion of formal course of study in medical coding, billing and regulatory compliance.
- Associates, Healthcare Related Field
- Preferred - Completion of ICD-10 formal course work EXPERIENCE:
Required: 1-2 years experience in Acute Hospital Based Inpatient or Outpatient Coding
Preferred: 2+ years experience in Acute Hospital Based Inpatient or Outpatient CodingLICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY/LISTING:
At least one of the following: AHIMA - RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P,
AAPC - CPC, COC, CIC, CHONC, CEMC
AHIMA - RHIA, RHIT
AAPC - CCS, CPC, CCS-P, CHOC, CEMC, COC or CIC
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.