OB/GYN Fellowship Specialty Training for the Family Medicine PhysiciansPlease visit: http://www.conehealth.com/locations/profile/?id=136 Cone Health Women's Hospital
, recruits three (3) Family Medicine physicians as a Junior Faculty member into their well-established OB/GYN Faculty Practice. Our team includes 13 OB/GYNs, 17 certified Nurse Midwives, 5 Nurse Practitioners, and 2 Physician Assistants. The Faculty Practice works closely with the Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists who have a state of the art Antenatal Unit on site.
The hospital is a rotation site for Family Medicine Residents from the Cone Health Family Medicine training program, medical students from UNC-Chapel Hill, as well as Physician Assistant and midwifery students from area programs. Our robust service delivers approximately 2800 babies a year. We service several counties with our Level 3 NICU. The fellow can expect to be exposed to and feel comfortable managing Labor, prenatal care, diabetes, preterm labor, hypertensive disorders of pregnancy, multiple gestations, placentation abnormalities, thyroid disease, and many other medical problems complicating pregnancy.
Women's Hospital has its own Emergency Room where women can receive treatment for obstetrical and gynecological complaints. The fellow will be proficient at doing bedside ultrasounds, diagnosing ectopic pregnancies, evaluating pelvic pain, and abnormal bleeding. This education will be invaluable as one enters practice and encounters these complaints routinely.Our clinical sites include:
• Center for Women's Health Care at Women's Hospital where high, low risk obstetrics, annual exam, pelvic pain, abnormal uterine bleeding, endometriosis, simple infertility work-ups, abnormal pap smear management are learned
• Center for Women's Health Care at Femina, similar patient and volumes as above
• Family Medicine Clinic, continuity patients shared with Dr. Pratt, work-ins, opportunity to precept FM residents in training, circumcision clinic
• Center for Women's Health Care at Stoney Creek, Private practice office
• Center for Women's Health Care at Kernersville, Private practice office
• Center for Women's Health Care at High Point, Private practice office
• Center for Women's Health Care at Renaissance, Private practice office
• Family Tree, Private Practice office in Reidsville, NCResponsibilities:
• Manage team of residents and students on labor and delivery shifts
• Evaluate and treat patients in clinics, approximately 10-12 per half day
• Prepare and present didactic teaching sessions
• Participate in rounds
• Take night and weekend call (approximately 4-5 per month)Procedures:
• Vaginal Deliveries: approximately 200
• Cesarean Section: approximately 120-150
• Operative Deliveries: approximately 10-15
• Post Partum Tubal Ligation: approximately 30
• D & C / D & E: variable depending on desire to learn
• Circumcision: 40-50
• Colposcopy: 40
• LEEP: approximately 15-20
• IUD insertions: > 30
• Endometrial Biopsies: >50Requirements:
• Successful completion of Family Practice Residency with good recommendations
• Completed 80 vaginal deliveries
• Assisted on 10 cesarean sections
• 10 Circumcisions
• CV and Cover Letter
• Procedure Logs
• Three (3) Letters of RecommendationSalary and Benefits:
The fellow receives a salary of $60,000.
Benefits include 20 days of sick and vacation time, 5 days of CME, $1500 of CME funds, and occurrence malpractice.Cone Health
, est. in 1953, is a not-for-profit hospital system. Cone Health provides a full scope of services in over six counties with multiple Hospitals, Ambulatory Care Centers, Outpatient Surgery Centers, Urgent Care Centers, a Retirement Community, over 130 physician practice sites and numerous Centers of Excellence. Located in Greensboro, 3rd most populous city in North Carolina, we have grown into one of the state's most extensive, comprehensive, and trusted healthcare networks. As we expand to meet our community's evolving healthcare needs, our fundamental goal is to improve the health and accessibility of the population we serve.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Donna TalbertCONE HEALTHMedical Group Development