: Moses Cone Hospital, MHC - Nursing SWOT--Service Without Territory Float PoolCITY
This Position is eligible for a $16,000 Sign On Bonus! JOB DETAILS
Exempt: No | FTE: 0.9 (36 hours/week) | Schedule: 9a-5:30p and 7a-7:30p; position includes holidays & weekends | On Call: NO
EDUCATION: Required: Graduation from a BSN, ADN or Nursing Diploma program, consideration may be given to RN's holding a certificate from approved foreign nursing programs. All registered nurses without a BSN or higher will be required to enroll in a BSN program within one year of their hire date with completion of the program occurring within four years of hire.Additional Information:
Graduate of a School of Nursing. BSN required or with approval of the VP of Nursing, experienced RN's with an AD or Diploma with an active plan to obtain their BSN within four years from date of hire may be considered.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTSRequired: New RN Graduates: Acceptance into Cone Health New Graduate program or completion of an acute care new graduate program. Preferred: Experienced RN : One year of Acute Care RN experience is preferred. Hiring leader may consider other RN experience at their discretion.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY/LISTING: REQUIRED RN | Registered Nurse licensed in North Carolina or a Compact state. BLS (CPR) | AHA Health Care Provider BLS PREFERRED The following certifications are preferred and may be required within a certain time frame of hire as defined by the specific nursing unit. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Safe Training and Responsible Restraints (STARR)BASICPURPOSE:
Alleviatethe stressful nature of the work environment on inpatient nursingdepartments. Underlimited supervision, perform transient assignments to serve as a resource forother members of the health care team.JOBDUTIES:
• Assistwith admission, discharges, and transfers
• Transportcritically ill patients (Critical Care Nurses Only)
• Accompanyand monitor patients to tests, procedures.
• Duringemergencies or code blue, may help care for other patients on the unit
• Assistwith IV insertion or medication administration
• Assistwith patient transport from the ED
• Assistwith heavy tasks requiring additional for short periods of time
• Assist with bedsideprocedures
• During downtime, roundon patients and staff
• Other duties as assignedPROCESS:
- These nurses will be directed by the Administrative Coordinator to assist in areas where the intensity of workload exceeds what can be appropriately managed by existing staff
- These nurses will not be in a patient assignment which will allow them to quickly move to areas where they are needed
- After each assignment, SWOT RNs and Receiving departments, will complete evaluations of the overall experience
- At the end of shift, SWOT RN will document tasks accomplished and where time was spent during the shift
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- SWOT RNs will be identified with an ID badge attachment unique to the role.
• Leadershipskills including communication, decision making, problem solving, negotiation
• Advanced criticalthinking skills
• Non-threateningcommunication skills in stressed situations
• Be sufficiently mobileto push stretchers, wheelchairs, carts and equipment
• Stand and or walkmajority of shift
• Ability to frequently transport patients
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.