LOCATION: Greensboro, Cone Health
Full Time (40 hours/week)
FTE: 1.0(40 hours/week)
Schedule: M-F, 8am - 5pm
On Call: No
The Business Analytics Consultant is an advanced analytics resource on the Enterprise Analytics Consulting Practice team within the Cone Health Enterprise Analytics department. The Business Analytics Consultant leverages the tools and methods of advanced analytics to generate business and clinical value for Cone Health through design, production, and interpretation of complex quantitative, often statistical, ad hoc analyses. The role of the Business Analytics Consultant at Cone Health is to:
• Engage with business and/or clinical departments within Cone Health or subsidiary organizations in order to understand business and clinical issues and to recommend analysis plans,
• Design, develop and execute complex analytical/statistical analyses that determine the underlying drivers of key performance outcomes and/or contribute to an understanding of the mechanisms by which drivers act independently or in-concert (systems thinking),
• Routinely apply analytical and statistical software tools to produce complex analyses of business and clinical operations issues leveraging multiple data sources,
• Develop and present recommendations in a consultative manner regarding additional analytical steps and/or solutions for business/clinical operations issues, weighing the practical considerations and potential barriers that need to be overcome in order to successfully implement new programs and processes, and
• Assist the leadership team in overseeing the work of Business Analytics Specialists of all levels.
The result of the Business Analytics Consultant's work is a body of complex, ad-hoc business analyses that provide insight regarding drivers of business and clinical operations performance. In addition, the Business Analytics Consultant acts as a trusted advisor to Cone Health leadership, proposing recommended solutions to business and operational issues as supported by analytic findings. These findings and recommendations improve member health outcomes, increase the efficiency of care delivery operations, and help to contain health care costs through health improvement and risk mitigation.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
Apply organizational and time management skills to successfully manage multiple assignments simultaneously. 15 %
Demonstrate an advanced level of attention to detail and initiative in discovering errors in data or analyses, or determining the need for additional, follow-up analysis arising from the original assignment. 15 %
Independently, or in teams, apply advanced analytics programs/tools to develop and execute complex, ad-hoc analyses of financial, clinical, socio-economic, geospatial and other data to surface insights regarding drivers of clinical risk and financial performance. 30 %
Independently, or in teams, interpret the results of complex, ad-hoc analyses and produce clear and concise explanations of complex results, generating recognized value (i.e., actionable outcomes) for a non-analytics customer base. 25 %
Routinely engage with customers as a trusted consultant, providing recommendations for analysis plans and performance improvement recommendations based on analytically-derived information. 15 %
Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline including, but not limited to, fields such as physical sciences, mathematics, statistics, economics, decision science, or actuarial science.
Valid Driver's License
• Two-to-five (2-5) years of
• Advanced analytics-related work experience, including financial and/or clinical modeling and data analysis, is required. Six years are preferred.
• Experience applying analytical and/or statistical tools to very-large scale, complex information sources is required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• The ability to execute, with moderate supervision, complex analysis plans developed in conjunction with analytics leadership and/or senior Consultants is required.
• Ability to apply, with minimal supervision, data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, ArcGIS) is required.
• Demonstrated evidence of advanced-to-expert analytic problem-solving skills is required.
• Ability to independently create and communicate complex, analytically-derived findings, both verbally and in writing, is required.
Advanced Analytics Technology Skills
• Demonstrated mastery of at least one advanced analytics tool is required (e.g., SAS, R, SPSS, Stata). Experience with similar tools will be considered.
• The ability to independently apply data extraction and basic analytical and/or statistical analysis tools and methods is required.
Staff Management Skills
• Prior staff or project leadership experience not required for this position.
• Demonstrated ability to independently develop complex analysis plans based on business problem statements is preferred.
• Analytics experience in the healthcare delivery or health insurance industries is strongly preferred. Relevant experience in other industries (e.g., retail, social media, financial services) will also be considered.
• Understanding of HIPAA and other applicable statutes or regulations concerning patient privacy and appropriate use and sharing of healthcare data is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis methods is preferred.
• Experience with multiple advanced analytics methods is preferred.
• Prior hands-on experience developing, producing, and interpreting results from complex, quantitative reports.
• Experience with data access and manipulation tools such as SQL, SAS, or SAS Enterprise Guide.
• Superior attention to detail.
• Must be able to effectively communicate to customers the practical implications of reporting results.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
* Annual flu shot
* Annual TB test (if applicable to your job location)
* Annual HLCs (Healthstream, formerly CBL)-Safety at Work and Corporate Compliance
* Maintain licensure/certification/registry/listing (if applicable to your job)
ABOUT CONE HEALTH:
Cone Health is a state of the art network of facilities providing patients access to the latest developments in medical care from their first moments of life through later years. Our network offers the most breakthrough treatments and technology available in healthcare today. As a teaching hospital, we offer employees the opportunity to become leaders in the industry and continued growth from their first day on. Extraordinary patient care is about being "high-touch" as well as "high-tech". Community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of our organization, a philosophy that is demonstrated by each and every one of our valued team members. We are proud to be the largest private, not-for-profit employer of choice in the Piedmont, NC area community. Additionally, as one of the region's largest and most comprehensive health networks, Cone Health has more than 100 locations, including six hospitals, three ambulatory care centers, three outpatient surgery centers, four urgent care centers, a retirement community, and more than 100 physician practice sites. Our tagline - "The Network for Exceptional Care" - highlights our commitment to excellence, which is shared by our more than 11,000 employees, 1,300 physicians and 1,200 volunteers.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.