LOCATION : Moses Cone Hospital, MHC - Nursing SWOT--Service Without Territory Float Pool
CITY : Greensboro
JOB DETAILS :
Exempt: No | FTE: 0.9 (36 hours/week) | Schedule: 7 pm - 7 am | On Call: NO
SWOT RNService Without Territory--Critical Care/ICU OR Med/Surg/PCU Float Pool
Alleviate the stressful nature of the work environment on inpatient nursing departments. Under limited supervision, perform transient assignments to serve as a resource for other members of the health care team.
J OB DUTIES:
• Assist with admission, discharges, and transfers
• Discharge teaching
• Transport critically ill patients (Critical Care Nurses Only)
• Accompany and monitor patients to tests, procedures.
• During emergencies or code blue, may help care for other patients on the unit
• Assist with IV insertion or medication administration
• Assist with patient transport from the ED
• Assist with heavy tasks requiring additional for short periods of time
• Assist with bedside procedures
• During downtime, round on patients and staff
• Other duties as assigned
- These nurses will be directed by the Administrative Coordinator to assist in areas where the intensity of workload exceeds what can be appropriately managed by existing staff
- These nurses will not be in a patient assignment which will allow them to quickly move to areas where they are needed
- After each assignment, SWOT RNs and Receiving departments, will complete evaluations of the overall experience
- At the end of shift, SWOT RN will document tasks accomplished and where time was spent during the shift
- SWOT RNs will be identified with an ID badge attachment unique to the role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Leadership skills including communication, decision making, problem solving, negotiation
• Advanced critical thinking skills
• Non-threatening communication skills in stressed situations
• Be sufficiently mobile to push stretchers, wheelchairs, carts and equipment
• Stand and or walk majority of shift
• Ability to frequently transport patients
Graduate of a School of Nursing. BSN required or with approval of the VP of Nursing, experienced RN's with an AD or Diploma with an active plan to obtain their BSN within four years from date of hire may be considered.
2 or more year's bedside RN experience
Critical Care experience highly preferred
Registered Nurse licensed in North Carolina or a Compact state.
A current American Heart Association (AHA), Basic Life Support (BLS) card for Health Care Provider
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
* Annual flu shot
* Annual TB test (if applicable to your job location)
* Annual CBLs (Safety at Work and Corporate Compliance)
* Maintain licensure/certification/registry/listing (if applicable to your job)
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.