LOCATION : Moses Cone Hospital, Greensboro
JOB DETAILS :
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week)
On Call: No
JOB SUMMARY :
This position is responsible for providing direct patient care in the Electrophysiology Lab, Cath Lab as a RN circulator, and Cath Lab Holding room as a fully functioning member of the multidisciplinary team. In addition, personnel are expected to function and provide high-quality, safe, culturally competent, cost-effective patient care in all areas of operations, through assessment, planning, evaluation, and intervention/follow up.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Cardiac specialty experience
1 - 2 years of Critical Care or Emergency Department nursing experience
NC Driver's License
Unencumbered North Carolina Board of Nursing licensure
Current Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS or RCES). If not, must obtain certification within 24 months of hire in the EP/Cath lab (required for continued employment in the EP/Cath Lab).
American Heart Association Health Care Provider (BLS) required at time of hire.
ACLS to be completed within 6 months of hire.
CONE HEALTH'S EXCEPTIONAL HEART & VASCULAR CARE TEAM
If you have the qualifications, values and drive to help us advance one of the country's best cardiovascular care facilities we invite you to join our team!
The Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital is recognized for:
• Top 100 in the Nation for patient safety in heart attack treatment and medical excellence in major cardiac surgery, coronary bypass surgery and vascular surgery. (CareChex - An information service of Quantros, Inc., 2018*)
• High Performing in abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, aortic valve surgery, heart bypass surgery and heart failure. (U.S. News & World Report, 2017-18)
• Platinum Performance Achievement Award for the treatment of heart attacks. (American College of Cardiology, 2018)
• Five-Star Recipient for reatment of heart attack and heart failure, pacemaker procedures and carotid surgery. (Healthgrades, 2018**)
• Top Three-Star Rating - Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG), Aortic Valve Replacement (AVR) and combined AVR+CABG. (Society of Thoracic Surgeons, 2018***)
• Quality Award - Get With The Guidelines® - AFIB Gold Quality Achievement Award.
(American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, 2018)
• Distinction Award - Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care. (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, 2018)
In addition, Alamance Regional Medical Center is recognized for:
• Quality Award - Mission Lifeline STEMI Receiving Center - Silver (2018)
• Top 100 in the Nation for medical excellence in vascular surgery. (CareChex - An information service of Quantros, Inc., 2018)
• Five-Star Recipient for pacemaker procedures, carotid surgery and treatment of heart failure. (Healthgrades, 2018)
These rankings indicate the exceptional care achieved at Cone Health through a laser focus on quality and a comprehensive team approach. Cone Health's Heart & Vascular Center is staffed by physicians, nurses and ancillary team members who work collaboratively across the continuum of care. They share the latest research findings and evidence-based practice insights to elevate care continuously and they lead internationally in the use of pioneering heart care treatments. Cone Health's cardiovascular research foundation helps to ensure our patients have ready access to treatment options available at the nation's most elite medical centers, all delivered in a community hospital setting. Learn more at conehealth.com/heart.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.