LOCATION : Moses Cone Hospital, MHC - Cath Lab
CITY : Greensboro
JOB DETAILS :
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week)
Schedule: Call only hours
On Call: YES
JOB SUMMARY :
Personnel in this position are responsible for providing direct patient care primarily in the Cardiac Cath lab, and as needed in the Peripheral Vascular lab, and Cath lab Holding Room. This role's primary purpose is to support our emergency cases after hours including nights, weekends and holidays. Personnel in this position are responsible for performing and functioning as a member of a multidisciplinary team. In addition, personnel are expected to provide high quality, safe, cost effective patient care that is culturally aligned with our values, in all areas of operations by means of assessment, planning, evaluation, intervention and follow up.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent plus;
• Graduate from one or more of the following programs required: Nursing or Radiology Technology or Respiratory Therapy or a sanctioned Cardiovascular Technology Program or
• Appropriately recognized Paramedic program and credentials or
• Graduate of RN Accredited Education Program; Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing preferred in accordance with Cone Health's Policy for BSN attainment.
• Completion of a BSN degree within a defined period will be required for RN's who do not possess a BSN.
• Current Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS or RCES). If do not possess RCIS, must obtain certification within 24 months of hire in the cath lab (is required for continued employment in the Cath Lab).
• American Heart Association Health Care Provider required (ACLS to be completed within 6 months of hire).
• Current Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS or RCES) if not obtain certification within 24 months of hire in the cath lab (is required for continued employment in the Cath Lab).
• Graduates from a Cardiovascular Program are required to complete RCIS certification within 3 months of employment.
• American Heart Association Health Care Provider (ACLS completion required within 6 months of hire).
• >2 years of Respiratory Therapy experience, or
• >2 years of Radiology Technical experience, or
• >2 years of Radiology Technical experience, or
• >2 years Paramedic experience, or
• >2 years of Critical Care or Emergency Department nursing experience.
• Plus > 3 years cardiac cath lab experience in a lab with 24/7 STEMI coverage.
Cardiac Cath Lab experience in a progressive high volume progressive department.
BLS (CPR) - AHA Health Care Provider BLS
• Nursing: Unencumbered North Carolina Board of Nursing License or
• Radiology Technologist: Unencumbered ASRT Radiology Technologist Licensure or Certification or
• Respiratory Therapist: Unencumbered North Carolina Respiratory Care Board Licensure or
• Cardiovascular Technology Program: Graduate from an accredited Cardiovascular Program or
• Paramedic: Unencumbered North Carolina EMT-P credentialing/accreditation and or Paramedic Associate
Degree from a credentialed and qualified Paramedic program.
Current Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS or RCES) if not obtain certification within 24 months of hire in the cath lab (is required for continued employment in the Cath Lab).
Graduates from a Cardiovascular Program are required to complete RCIS certification within 3 months of employment.
American Heart Association Health Care Provider course (BLS) required; ACLS preferred upon hire and must be completed within 6 months of hire
CONE HEALTH'S EXCEPTIONAL HEART & VASCULAR CARE TEAM
If you have the qualifications, values and drive to help us advance one of the country's best cardiovascular care facilities we invite you to join our team!
The Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital is recognized for:
• Top 100 in the Nation for patient safety in heart attack treatment and medical excellence in major cardiac surgery, coronary bypass surgery and vascular surgery. (CareChex - An information service of Quantros, Inc., 2018*)
• High Performing in abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, aortic valve surgery, heart bypass surgery and heart failure. (U.S. News & World Report, 2017-18)
• Platinum Performance Achievement Award for the treatment of heart attacks. (American College of Cardiology, 2018)
• Five-Star Recipient for reatment of heart attack and heart failure, pacemaker procedures and carotid surgery. (Healthgrades, 2018**)
• Top Three-Star Rating - Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG), Aortic Valve Replacement (AVR) and combined AVR+CABG. (Society of Thoracic Surgeons, 2018***)
• Quality Award - Get With The Guidelines® - AFIB Gold Quality Achievement Award.
(American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, 2018)
• Distinction Award - Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care. (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, 2018)
In addition, Alamance Regional Medical Center is recognized for:
• Quality Award - Mission Lifeline STEMI Receiving Center - Silver (2018)
• Top 100 in the Nation for medical excellence in vascular surgery. (CareChex - An information service of Quantros, Inc., 2018)
• Five-Star Recipient for pacemaker procedures, carotid surgery and treatment of heart failure. (Healthgrades, 2018)
These rankings indicate the exceptional care achieved at Cone Health through a laser focus on quality and a comprehensive team approach. Cone Health's Heart & Vascular Center is staffed by physicians, nurses and ancillary team members who work collaboratively across the continuum of care. They share the latest research findings and evidence-based practice insights to elevate care continuously and they lead internationally in the use of pioneering heart care treatments. Cone Health's cardiovascular research foundation helps to ensure our patients have ready access to treatment options available at the nation's most elite medical centers, all delivered in a community hospital setting. Learn more at conehealth.com/heart.
Cone Health's Heart and Vascular Nursing Team
Cone Health's Heart and Vascular team welcomes applicants that are interested in becoming a part of a progressive Heart and Vascular nursing team. We offer several inpatient and ambulatory nursing opportunities that allow flexible work hours and experience with innovative technology. Our inpatient opportunities include Heart and Vascular ICU along with progressive care opportunities that extend across the continuum. More details about nursing and Cone Health can be found below.
NURSING AT CONE HEALTH
Cone Health is recognized nationally for nursing leadership. Our health system is praised by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for being a role model in:
• New RN graduate programs that build a bridge between education and practice
• Opportunities for professional development and career advancement, including generous financial assistance for education
• Open communication among leadership and staff
• Collaboration across multiple care settings
• Leadership opportunities for nurses
• Support for nursing research and nurse-led care innovation
• Innovative care practices developed and led by nurses
• Community partnerships, such as the Congregational Nurse Program
Your Voice Matters: Front line nursing insights are central to Cone Health's focus on continuous care improvement. As a Cone Health nurse, you will be encouraged to get involved with decisions that affect nursing practice and patient care. Cone Health ranks in the top quarter of health systems nationwide for employee engagement (2016). Cone Health's Shared Governance Councils enable employee teams to lead innovation in areas such as clinical and practice issues, engagement, environmental concerns, program development and more.
Support & Guidance: Whether you're a new grad or an experienced nurse, you can benefit from individualized guidance provided by a trained coach/preceptor as you transition into your new role at Cone Health. You'll get the orientation you need to provide high-quality patient care with confidence. You'll continue to receive support from your colleagues at Cone Health throughout your career. In 2016, for the sixth year in a row, more Great 100 Nurses worked for Cone Health than at any other health network in North Carolina. See some of the ways we recognize the exceptional work of nurses and explore what RNs have to say about being a nurse at Cone Health.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.