High School Diploma or equivalent, plus
Graduate of an RN Accredited
Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing preferred in accordance with Cone Health's Policy for BSN attainment
Completion of a BSN degree within a defined period will be
Required for RN's who do not possess a BSN
BLS (CPR) - AHA Health Care Provider BLS
Unencumbered North Carolina Board of Nursing License, and Current Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS or RCES) if not obtain certification within 24 months of hire in the cath lab (is
Required for continued employment in the Cath Lab).
American Heart Association Health Care Provider course preferred or should be completed within 6 months of hire.
Personnel in this position are responsible for providing direct patient care in the Cardiac Cath lab, Peripheral vascular lab, Cath lab Holding Room, and the Electrophysiology lab. Personnel in this position are responsible for performing and functioning as a member of a multidisciplinary team. In addition, personnel are expected to function and provide high quality, safe, culturally competent cost effective patient care in all areas of operations by means of assessment, planning, evaluation, and intervention/follow up.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
Specialist) will perform the following duties: Collect data that is pertinent to the patientï¿s½ status; Anticipate and recognize subtle changes in the patientï¿s½ status; mplements interventions in a manner to maintain patientï¿s½ dignity, privacy, and safety; Responds to the patient, family, or members of the multidisciplinary team in a skillful, intentional manner to demonstrate concern and addresses the particular need
of the patient; Identifies variances to expected outcomes and intervenes appropriately to maximize positive patient outcomes; Administers medications used in invasive procedures. Medications include intravenous fluid, contrast media, and moderate sedation. 10 %
• perates Specialty Equipment 10 %
Participates in Departmental Support Activities Related to Cath Lab operations: Recognizes the significance of support duties that ultimately improve daily operations, accomplishes departmental goals and enhances overall team performance. 10 %
Performs Circulating Duties: Provides effective care during elective and emergency procedures by assisting patients, physicians, and scrub technicians in a prioritized fashion, assuring that all needs are completely satisfied. 10 %
Performs Control Room Duties: Maintains a working knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures involved in the operation of physiologic monitoring, angiographic/fluoroscopic imaging and digital analysis.
Performs Device Implant Duties 10 %
Performs Diagnostic Scrub Duties. 10 %
Performs Holding Room Duties/Sheath removal in other departments as needed (to include IABP and Impella removal) 10 %
Performs Interventional Scrub Duties: Act as a first assistant in the scrub role of diagnostic, interventional, and acute procedures. Maintains asepsis throughout the course of the procedure. Responds quickly and appropriately in emergencies. Displays effective utilization of supplies and equipment. 10 %
Performs Peripheral Vascular Duties 10 %
• ccurs under one-third of the time:
Fumes or airborne particles
• ccurs over two-thirds of the time:
Exposure to bloodborne pathogens
Hazardous waste and/or toxic / caustic chemicals
iCARE - COMMITMENTS TO CARE:
I will create and engage in conversations of possibility.
• I will be open to innovation and creativity.
• I will listen to understand.
• I will bring ideas for solutions and be open to alternative ideas.
• I will be open to constructive feedback.
• I will not engage or listen to negativity or gossip.
• I will be positive when speaking about Cone Health, my department, and my coworkers.
• I will be approachable.
• I will focus on behaviors, not the person, during conflict.
I will honor my word.
• I will do what I say when I say I will.
o I will "clean it up" when I can't keep my word.
• I will honor my work agreement.
• I will be "on the court" instead of "in the stands."
• I will follow up in a timely manner on commitments and requests.
• I will apologize when someone experiences less than excellent service.
o I will take responsibility for my actions, decisions and performance.
• I will protect patient safety (best practices: ex - hand hygiene).
I will assume the best of intentions and embrace differences.
• I will collaborate and seek other people's input.
• I will demonstrate courtesy, compassion, and respect with my tone of voice and body language.
• I will speak positively about Cone Health - managing up coworkers, physicians, departments, patients and visitors.
• I will ask the person directly involved when I don't know.
• I will include diverse skills, abilities, strengths, and backgrounds to create better outcomes.
• I will care for myself while also respecting others.
I will own it, solve it, and celebrate it!
• I will offer solutions when problems are identified.
• I will share my input for decisions by participating in forums such as shared governance, town halls, employee engagement survey, brown bag discussions, employee councils, staff meetings, or directly with my manager.
• I will take charge and do the right thing at the right time.
• I will make decisions keeping a balance of service, quality, and cost in mind.
• I will demonstrate Cone Health values.
• I will seek opportunities to celebrate and have fun.
• I will recognize good work.
I have seen and reviewed the job description in its completed form and understand that I will be
Required to perform all functions listed if hired for this position. I recognize that, if hired, it is my responsibility to notify my manager as soon as possible if I am unable to perform any of the functions of my position for any reason. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Exceptional People Providing Exceptional Care!
Cone Health is a state of the art network of facilities providing patients access to the latest developments in medical care from their first moments of life through later years. Our network offers the most breakthrough treatments and technology available in healthcare today. As a teaching hospital, we offer employees the opportunity to become leaders in the industry and continued growth from their first day on.
Extraordinary patient care is about being "high-touch" as well as "high-tech". Community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of our organization, a philosophy that is demonstrated by each and every one of our valued team members. We are proud to be the largest private, not-for-profit employer of choice in the Piedmont, NC area community!
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation. Additionally, Cone Health invites interested deaf and hard of hearing applicants to use Video Relay Service (VRS).
1 - 2 years of Critical Care or Emergency Department nursing experience
Cardiac specialty experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with clinicians and the public.
• Ability to deliver culturally sensitive care that is specific to the needs of the patient and the patient's family.
• Ability to remain standing for long periods while wearing lead aprons/vest weighing twenty pounds or more.
• Ability to move and position patients several times a day.
• Ability to work in areas of radiation exposure for long periods, using proper radiation protective gear/equipment.
• Ability to use computer keyboards, visualize monitors and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity.
• Able to think critically, independently, and apply abilities to achieve the best possible patient outcomes
Very Heavy Work:
• Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time), and/or;
• in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time), and/or;
• In excess of 20 pounds of force constantly (2/3 or more of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
RESPIRATOR FIT TESTING -
Hear and differentiate low volume sounds in order to make judgments regarding actions needed
Hear alarm bells, verbal conversations, telephone voices and normal volume sounds
Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Annual flu shot
• Annual TB test (if applicable to your job location)
• Annual HLCs (HealthStream, formerly CBL)-Safety at Work and Corporate Compliance
Ensure/certification/registry/listing without lapse (if applicable to your job)